I like my gun, I wanna keep it

This is a discussion on I like my gun, I wanna keep it within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of the few guns i sold I wish I never had let go. Louis Freeh, former director of the FBI carried one....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I like my gun, I wanna keep it

One of the few guns i sold I wish I never had let go. Louis Freeh, former director of the FBI carried one.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Definitely keep that gun!

I am in a similar situation. I've been unemployed since last April. I have a SW 3913 that I bought for my wife back in 1994 or so. Since getting my carry permit in Dec 2008, it has become my carry gun. I really love that gun.

My only other handgun is a Ruger GP100 with a 4-inch barrel; I guess it would be a fine carry gun but it's a bit bulky.

With the SW 3913, I have shot just about everything through it at one point or another, many thousands of rounds, and have had only a single failure to load or fire (a reload with a bad primer). I prefer to carry standard pressure ammo (currently Hornady TAP 124 gr.), but the gun is probably robust enough to handle +p no matter what SW says about it. But yeah, with my economic situation I just don't have the money to practice with my real carry ammo, so I limit my practice sessions to Wal-mart 9mm FMJ (at a good price, about $9 a box, I must say, when I can find it!)

I envy your lifestyle, though. On my walks I am more concerned with 2-legged predators (I live in Detroit, MI). The 3913 feels good on my hip, and with the aluminum frame and all, I like the way she warms up to my body temp.

Incidentally I also carry a Spyderco Delica Wave as a back up, and have been training in martial arts for the last 25 years (my wife and I teach a MA class in a Detroit suburb as a family hobby).
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links