Anyone order ammo from MidwayUSA?

This is a discussion on Anyone order ammo from MidwayUSA? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pretty simple question, does anyone (or has anyone here ever) order ammo from MidwayUSA? I'm asking because in particular I find it impossible to find ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone order ammo from MidwayUSA?

Anyone order ammo from MidwayUSA?

Pretty simple question, does anyone (or has anyone here ever) order ammo from MidwayUSA?

I'm asking because in particular I find it impossible to find .380 and 9mm ammo with any regularity... which is what my fiancee's parent's guns shoot (I shoot .40 S&W).

At the same time, I'm looking at the SIG P238 and would need to get my hands on .380 range ammo. So I'm curious about ordering ammo online.

Thanks!
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I’ve never ordered ammo from Midway but reloading components and other items I have ordered have been shipped quickly.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

SomeGuy

I've not ordered from Midway but I have ordered from cheaper than dirt and a place in Utah (90 grain .380) with no issues. In fact the .380 was to be 70 grain but they were out so he sent 90 grain. At least he made good on the order (?). Best advice is check out whomever you order from to make sure they're legit. CTD is as well as the place in Utah. My overall experience ordering gun stuff (including ammo) has been very good save ordering a kit from Rock River. They were not very "helpful". Still, my ammo orders have been quick and complete and I primarily shop brand and price. Good Luck

I've ordered a multitude of things off MidwayUSA. Never ammo, but their service is top notch and very quick shipping.
    Culture cannot be inherited. The culture of previous ages will vanish unless each new generation wins it for itself again and again. Only that for which we have worked, or even suffered, truly belongs to us. - Zoltan Kodaly

Yes, I've bought some ammo from Midway recently ... a couple boxes of Remington Express .357 125 grain SJHP and Remington 9mm 115 grain JHP +P. I can usually find 00 12 gauge buckshot on their site. Overall, this supplier is spotty on handgun ammo. I find 'Ammo to Go' to have a more consistent supply.

VIP Member
    I've ordered ammo from Midway on several occassions. They are top notch. If they have it in stock, great. If it is out of stock, I'd not backorder - it can be months before it comes in - my experience anyway. BTW, I have not ordered ammo since June, things may have improved by now.

I've ordered ammunition from Midway, Ammoman, and "Ammunition to Go." Good service from all three.

VIP Member
    I just got some .380 practice ammo from Natchez Shooters Supply delivered today... but they are out of stock now... I also use ammunition to go quite often...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by sotxrdr View Post
    I've ordered ammunition from Midway, Ammoman, and "Ammunition to Go." Good service from all three.
    Ditto, usually if they have it in stock, they will ship it.

I've ordered ammo from all the places listed, and have had great results.

Also try the big name places like Cabela's, Sportsmans Guide, and Natchez SS.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Always, in my experience...

those two are very quick in shipping, and I have had no problems as yet with either. p.s. reference posts # 9 and 10.

I have ordered a few times for hard to get (locally) target .22's and some .45 ball. No issues. Always great service from Midway.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Midway is my 1st source when possible. A great American establishment and the service is unbeatable. The prices are usually competitive as well.
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn. -C. S. Lewis

I have ordered ammo from Midway, Midsouth, Ammo to go,and Cheaper than Dirt. No problems with any of them. Midsouth seems to be slightly cheaper and CTD has past records of charging higher prices for scarce product.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links