To +p or not to +p that is the question - Page 2

To +p or not to +p that is the question

This is a discussion on To +p or not to +p that is the question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carry +P+ Hydro-Shok in my S&W Model 60. Carry ammo only, don't shoot much of it at the range. On Q-days they want us to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To +p or not to +p that is the question

Carry +P+ Hydro-Shok in my S&W Model 60. Carry ammo only, don't shoot much of it at the range. On Q-days they want us to shoot 50 rounds, but I don't. I "Q" with .38 sp wad cutters. But others agents will shoot the +P+ in their model 36 and/or 60. Saw one gun lock up after 30 rounds. They tell us the model 36/60 will shoot the +P+'s but I don't. Feel that it will be OK to run five rounds when I need them, but not every quarter during "Q". The gun is my BUG on duty and if I got to shoot it things have gone bad, real bad. Not many carries the wheel gun as a BUG. Most don't even carry a BUG. The only auto that they will let us carry as a BUG is the Glock 26 and/or 27. I have them also, but the Model 60 is lighter. Guest I still "Old School", that is what the new kids tell me. Must be the gray hair and/or lack of hair.

frankmako

Was using Federal HydraShok 124+P+ in my Kahr and my supply dried up and switched to Federal HST 147 and EFMJ 124+P and CorBon 115+P. The loads I listed worked well and were very very accurate out of my gun

Only use +P's in my Model 19 (158gr LSWCHP +P) Since it was designed for .357Mag, no problems with the thousands of +P handloads and hundreds of factory loads I've put throught it. Very controllable with good follow up shots and excellent reliablity in that piece.

Standard pressure loads only in my BHP
    Randy
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links