Sellor and Beloit OO buckshot

This is a discussion on Sellor and Beloit OO buckshot within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night I'm perusing a shooting catalog and I see some cheap Sellor and Beloit OO buckshot rounds for around $8.00 for a box 25. ...

Thread: Sellor and Beloit OO buckshot

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar

Sellor and Beloit OO buckshot

Last night I'm perusing a shooting catalog and I see some cheap Sellor and Beloit OO buckshot rounds for around $8.00 for a box 25. These are the clear rounds (see-thru). Has anyone got any experience with these rounds? They would never be my first choice for home defense but I would like to buy 150-200 rounds for a SHTF situation. Tell me what you think.......
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I have only gone through a few of these rounds but thus far they seem to work just fine.
    I got a good deal on a box that came in wrong at Centefiresystems.com The are just a few miles up the road and I buy from all the time. One day I was in there and decided to try a box of them. The guy behind the counter, asked if I knew anyone interested in a whole case of 250 rounds for 50$. I brought them home.

I know guys who use them for bowling pins and they go "bang" every time, feed reliably and so on.

S&B doesnt seem to be bad ammo i use it quite a bit when i dont have relaods handy

JT
    Never had any problems with S&B 00 buck.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Senior Moderator
    A few years ago I got 250 rounds for 60 bucks. It was good stuff. The only problem was that it was listed at 2 3/4 when in fact it was 3 inch.
    Not a problem as my guns are all 3" but it could have been if it went unnoticed in a 2 3/4 gun.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I bought some of their clear plastic loads in #4 buck for coyote hunting in Maine. It worked good and patterned well when shot thru my PatternMaster choke tube.-------

S&B makes great handgun ammo for the range. I have used their slugs, which were just as accurate as an Federals, Winchesters, Remingtons I've ever fired. I've also used their birdshot, it works just fine.

Their ammo is just as good as the other named brand. It is some of the best ammo thatI have shot. I like their pistol ammo, it goes bang just as good as the Remington/Federal/Other brands.

frankmako

VIP Member
    I never tried S&B shotgun ammo, but I might since the prices seem really reasonable.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

It's great practice ammo, I use a lot of it. $2.50 for a box of 10 at the local gun show. Goes bang every time, very reliable. A little dirty and the unplated shot leaves lots of lead deposits. The cases are slightly longer than 2 3/4" due to a rolled lip on the top, so you may not get full capacity to fit in your gun. The pattern is horrible (out of my 20" cylinder bore), I would not try to use these at any kind of distance.

I've got a bunch of it that I got cheap.
    It has yet to pattern the best in any shotgun/choke combo I've tried, but it hasn't patterned the worst either. It does pattern toward the large side, though.
    From what I've seen, it tends to shoot better patterns through Cylinder or Imp Cyl choke tube than Mod. That's OK, but it's the opposite of most buckshot I've tried.

The oddest thing about it to me is the smell. It smells like something burning. I've heard, but can't verify it, that the overpowder wads are made of compressed horsehair. If that's true, it would explain the smell.

Links