Looking for reloads

This is a discussion on Looking for reloads within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can any one give me a heads up on whetner I can purchase any Winchester SXT in 185 0r 230gr or CorBons 160 gr DPX ...

Thread: Looking for reloads

Looking for reloads

Can any one give me a heads up on whetner I can purchase any Winchester SXT in 185 0r 230gr or CorBons 160 gr DPX for reloading? ANYWHERE? Iv'e been looking and can't seem to find any!There the only 2 SD rds Ifeel do what they claim,other wise I'm loading Rem.Fmj's! Thanks for your help guys,Stay Safe..........

2. Remove Ads

Either one of the bullets you want are probably not available. Even if they were, I'm sure they would be cost prohibitive to reload for practice with. Since reloaded ammo is never recommended to carry for self defense, buy some factory ammo for carry and reload and practice with the cheapest bullets you can find. I carry MagSafe or SXT depending on the situation, but I practice with my own cast lead bullets. That way my 9mm practice ammo cost me about $2.50 a box to shoot. If I bought bullets my cost would still be about $6.00 a box. If SXTs were available, I'm gonna to take a guess that the reloading cost for 45 would be about $20.00 a box of 50 and while that is expensive it would beat the $20.00 for a box of 20.

Good Luck!!!

It's not necessary to use the same bullet for volume practice that you carry in your firearm. It is a good idea to practice with the same bullet weight as you carry, but at SD ranges, point of impact between two different bullet designs of the same weight should be close enough to develop your skills. If you really think you have to shoot the same practice and carry bullet, about your only choices are going to be the Hornady XTP bullets or the Remington Golden Saber.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Links