source for meth head shot 33 times - Page 2

source for meth head shot 33 times

This is a discussion on source for meth head shot 33 times within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was not going to post on this, but the dope vs pain connection had me flashing back to a incident several years ago. I ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: source for meth head shot 33 times

I was not going to post on this, but the dope vs pain connection had me flashing back to a incident several years ago.

I was on patrol with a partner when we attempted to make a DUI stop that went real bad. My partner and I fought with this fellow for several minutes which included with me bending his thumb back until it touched his arm (breaking it) and he just looked at me and smilled. He (BG) actually tried to pull my partners gun when we where in a struggle which promted me to pull my S&W 357 and press it in to he back of his head. I told the BG that I was going to blow his MFing head off if he didn't let go, at which point he just gave up.

The moral of the story is people just do ot lay down when shot unless you shut down the brain, they bleed out which gives them a lot of time to do damage.

BTW, The mix of PCP and Pabts Blue Ribbon made him superman!
    CeltKnight likes this.

Unbelievable! He looks like a piece of Swiss cheese.

Not much of a concentration COM, tho - I'd like to think that would make a difference . . . Of course, if he was moving around a lot, I guess you just gotta take the shots you can get.

Man, I need another gun!

LibertyGal
    Requiring a license makes it illegal to do something that was lawful before the license was required.

Quote Originally Posted by ispcapt
    Glock replaced all our G22s last fall at no cost except for $53 each to cover the cost of the new night sights. Supposedly the new modified G22s won't have the same problem. Won't really know tho until we get a bunch of rds thru them. The other ones didn't start showing problems until 4-5 yrs old and 20K+ rds.
    Glock says the problem should be fixed. Hope so.
    Glock was unable to get Indiana State Police new Glock 22s up and running at all. Finally replaced them all with Glock 17s. Aparently the new frame is giving Glock fits.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrad38
    That should tell you something about 9mm's

That you have to have shot placement just like a .45?

Quote Originally Posted by KC135
    Glock was unable to get Indiana State Police new Glock 22s up and running at all. Finally replaced them all with Glock 17s. Aparently the new frame is giving Glock fits.
    Yup, been talking to a couple of their guys. Glock wasn't going to let that contract get away from them after IN SP had been carrying Berettas. It's not good marketing to have an agency buy your guns and then even before the guns are delivered and in the field the agency cancels the contract and goes with another maker. Bad for business.
    RE the 33 hits. It doesn't matter where the bullet enters. It matters the path the bullet took thru the body. A hit that appears to be COM may actually have only been a flesh wound if hit at an angle. Don't put much stock in pictures alone. It's only the bullet path thru the body that counts.

Il State Police Carried S/w 39's And They Hated Them. Backed Them Up A Few Times Myself In 1977. One Was Hitting A Supect With His Gun, Because It Would Not Fire,,,,,,,,,,, Lol And It's True I Saw Him Doing It

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    That you have to have shot placement just like a .45?
    Here we go....

"Please keep hands and feet inside the ride at all times"....

I love this!
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Picture a BG guy on Meth with a body armor, an AK, and some training.....pretty scary.....and that's what lots of our guys in Iraq are facing everyday.

For some reason it's seldom published in the media, but all the soliders I've talked to are aware of it.

In this article, the soliders mention how they where told to focus on head shots, because body shoot where not stopping drugged up insurgents: http://www.natashatynes.org/newswire...ents_foug.html

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by jrad38 View Post
    I don't think it does. The guy was also shot by 2 12 gauge slugs. I don't think at this point it mattered what he was shot by. He was obviosly on some kind of dope that numbed his whole body. I really don't think it would have mattered if he was hit with 9 or .45 or 40. At that point you have to get a CNS shot.
    CeltKnight likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dboutwell View Post
    Il State Police Carried S/w 39's And They Hated Them. Backed Them Up A Few Times Myself In 1977. One Was Hitting A Supect With His Gun, Because It Would Not Fire,,,,,,,,,,, Lol And It's True I Saw Him Doing It
    Not so at all. The 39 was very well received and liked. It was the issued duty gun from 1968 until going to the 439 in 1981. No doubt you could find the few who complained about the 39. Afterall, they're cops, they complain about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by jrad38 View Post
    Yup. Quality, deep penetrating bullet construction is essential in any handgun, no matter the caliber. I think if they had bullets available to day, such as the Ranger, HS, Golden Sabre, the guy wouldn't have needed 33 shots to go down. Maybe 10% of that.

In any cartridge, if you use an inferior bullet you will have less than satisfactory results. You can use a junk bullet in 9mm, 10mm, 45acp, whatever and still have bad results.

The caliber wasn't the issue here. The issue was poor bullets that didn't penetrate deep enough to do catastrophic damage to the cardio and/or CNS system(s). It had nothing to do with the stampings on the barrel.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

100 gr. Winchester PowerPoint softnose bullets not my choice for carry.

Quote Originally Posted by gotammo View Post
    100 gr. Winchester PowerPoint softnose bullets not my choice for carry.
    In 1977 the choices for auto ammo was a lot more limited than it is today. The HP ammo that was around was usually so blunt nose that it was not 100% reliable in autos. Most of the defensive auto ammo for 9mm was 100-125 gr SP stuff. Quite a bit of revolver ammo carried by cops was SP too. Might find some carrying Super Vel or handloads but the develop of good HP was just getting into the swing.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmak View Post
    Here we go....

"Please keep hands and feet inside the ride at all times"....

I love this!
    That was posted in May. Necroing it to start a caliber war isn't nice. Either way, I still stand by the statement.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

I think I recall seeing an autopsy style drawing of this famous 33 round failure, with dots showing a lot of non-vital, edge hits.
    I doesn't prove anything. I also know a story about a guy shot once in the stomach with a 9mm 115 Federal 9BP and he went down like a sack of rocks. You might even call me a "witness," so I know it's true.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links