Looking for 9mm hollowpoints

This is a discussion on Looking for 9mm hollowpoints within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There isn't much available online as you all know. I wanted Speer Gold Dots 124 or 124 +p but I can't find them. I am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 9mm hollowpoints

Looking for 9mm hollowpoints

There isn't much available online as you all know. I wanted Speer Gold Dots 124 or 124 +p but I can't find them. I am thinking about Federal Hydra Shocks or Remington Golden Sabers. Out of the hollow points that ammunitiontogo has left what you you all get for my G19? Any other online retailer that has a better selection right now than ammunitiontogo?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    There isn't much available online as you all know. I wanted Speer Gold Dots 124 or 124 +p but I can't find them. I am thinking about Federal Hydra Shocks or Remington Golden Sabers. Out of the hollow points that ammunitiontogo has left what you you all get for my G19? Any other online retailer that has a better selection right now than ammunitiontogo?
    Cabela's shows Golden Sabers in stock.

Have you tried your local gun shops? Around here, several of the shops have a much better inventory than the online sites do.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Cabela's shows Golden Sabers in stock.

Have you tried your local gun shops? Around here, several of the shops have a much better inventory than the online sites do.
    Yea I have been calling around and they have some but nothing I would want to buy. I am still calling around but the other stores are not answering their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    If your anywhere around the Athens area i know of a local gun shop that has the 124gr + P GD in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by fulldraw74 View Post
    If your anywhere around the Athens area i know of a local gun shop that has the 124gr + P GD in stock.
    No I am NW Atlanta.

kpw
    Will any of the shops order it for you? My local favorite doesn't carry them but he'll order it for me.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Will any of the shops order it for you? My local favorite doesn't carry them but he'll order it for me.
    Good question. I never asked and they never offered. Maybe I will ask them.

Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

cabelas

I'm with you on the Speer GDHPs. I've relied on them and used them for years. They are hard to find now. I've had the 50rd boxes, now, 20rd boxes are more common for the same or higher price. Remington Golden Sabers wouldn't be a bad choice....like you say, almost any 9mm PD ammo is non-existent these days. I guess we'll need to adapt. I bought two boxes of Federal HST 124gr+P at the gun show yesterday, and I'm happy with it. 50rd boxes and got a good deal. Actually, Wal Mart around here is carrying more PD ammo these days in a few calibers. Winchester and Remington of course, but I don't think a standard HP loading makes much of a difference now if and when you can find it. Good luck. Wish I had some good resources to share here, but I just grab 'em when I see 'em whatever they are. I saw an original box of 20rds 9mm Black Talons the other day for $99 on the internet. Aint that something?

Quote Originally Posted by rugerlcp View Post
    cabelas
    Yeah I checked Cabelas. I think they have some Fiocchi 147g, Speer GD 115g, and Remington Golden Sabers in 124 and 147.

Any recommendation out of these?

All my local stores are out of most but for some reason they all had Cor Bon DPX?

man up and buy the corbon. its worth a couple bux extra to have top shelf ammo.

JMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    man up and buy the corbon. its worth a couple bux extra to have top shelf ammo.

JMHO!
    Are the Corbon DPX that much better than Federal Hydrashok, Fiocchi Extrema XTP, or Remington Golden Sabers?

The Corbons DPX I can get locally for $27 for a box of 20. I can get 50 hydrashoks for about $34 shipped, 25 Golden Sabers for about $23 shipped, and 50 Fiocchi Extrema for about $30 shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerlcp View Post
    cabelas
    I seem to remember saying that in post number 2.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links