Ammo prices to rise

This is a discussion on Ammo prices to rise within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo This is why i'm looking into reloading. Good luck finding bullets or small pistol primers. I looked into reloading but it ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo prices to rise

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    This is why i'm looking into reloading.
    Good luck finding bullets or small pistol primers. I looked into reloading but it seemed just as hard to find the pieces as it was to find ammo.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reyno2ac View Post
    Good luck finding bullets or small pistol primers. I looked into reloading but it seemed just as hard to find the pieces as it was to find ammo.
    It's about having options. If you can't find ammo, perhaps you can find reloading components. If you can't find reloading components, perhaps you can find ammo.

It's about having options. If you can't find ammo, perhaps you can find reloading components. If you can't find reloading components, perhaps you can find ammo.
    Yea, I just haven't had any luck finding much of either...

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    depending on caliber... good luck on both accounts.

I'm retired and go the range frequently. But I shoot a lot more .22 cal these days and fewer and fewer 9mm, .40 & .45 -- looks like I'll be doing this for more than a little while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by chasbo00 View Post
    I'm retired and go the range frequently. But I shoot a lot more .22 cal these days and fewer and fewer 9mm, .40 & .45 -- looks like I'll be doing this for more than a little while longer.

lol, if you can find them.

we seem to be being backed into a corner with fewer and fewer options.

Quote Originally Posted by louie19 View Post
    glockman10mm: I was wondering what caliber you train with. I assume it is 10mm given your screen name, but you never know.

I wonder what is special about March/April. Maybe the particular supplier you are using has a new batch of ammo coming out then.
    Hi and thanks for your input. My agency requires a 40 s&w glock 22. While I am a big fan and advocate of the 10mm, my passion is for revolvers. I only reload for revolvers, mostly because I can't stand chasing brass around, but I totally LOVE wheel guns. I am on our pistol team, so I practice quite a bit with the g22, and right now my agency gives pistol team members an allotment of rounds every month to practice with. Also the competition rules dictate we compete with our duty weapon and gear. We use fed hydroshocks of 155grn, and use the american eagle 155grn solids to qualify with. So this could be a price increase specific to only Federal. I carry a model 642 off duty. I have carried a gun every waking day for the last 15 years. Because I love guns, I am somewhat fickle about different calibers and guns, so what I have to have today, maybe gone tomorrow for something else. But you know what? I have concluded that the airweight revolver in it snubbie 38+p configuration is about as perfect a real world everyday carry piece as it gets. Oh and buy the way, I just recieved 1000 cci small pistol primers, took 5 days from placing the order. So there are available supplys if you look.

I haven't heard anything at SHOT show regarding price increases and handle business with ATK and the other big guys. I buy my components from them for my ammunition line. Prices on components went down for me this year. Prices have been dropping recently across the board. My ammunition prices have continually dropped in the last 3 years, a majority of the price reductions have been in the last 12-18 months. From my perspective, I don't see ammunition costs rising that much. A 33% increase is unheard of. Guess we will have to wait and see.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I hope my sources are wrong too. Just have to wait...

I can buy all the 40 and 45 I want at the local walmart but they never (extremely rare) have 9mm. I should start buying what I don’t need and trade it for 9mm.
    NRA Member
    Glock 19,26
    S&W 340PD

Ammo Prices to Rise??

I am paying the same thing for 40S&W brass now as I did 2 years ago for once fired processed brass. The price of my 9MM brass has gone down 10% in the last year. I havent bought bullets in a while as what I have is still tilting the bench. Primers are the one's I bought last time 15 years ago and the new ones I bought 2 years ago havent been touched as they are all wrapped and sealed. Powder is less than 3 years old and also well stocked. I havent bought "Social Ammo" in more than a year and have a good supply of it plus several 100 round boxes of Barnes all copper bullets for 9MM, .357Mag, 40S&W and .45ACP. And yes 20 round boxes of Social Ammo drive me nuts also.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by BriNik View Post
    I can buy all the 40 and 45 I want at the local walmart but they never (extremely rare) have 9mm. I should start buying what I don’t need and trade it for 9mm.
    My WM always has 9mm & .40, but I have only seen .45 there twice & the second time happened to be last Saturday, so I bought the limit of 6 boxes....100rd WWB for $32.87/box.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Mic
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    We are our very own worst enemies. We have brought this upon ourselves and now the ammo companies are profiting off our unsubstatiated fears.
    exactly, we saw the same thing last year after the election. If you haven't done so, start stockpiling now with what you can afford
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Went to pick up my allotment of 100 rounds per month for practice at my agencys training unit today and was told they may stop giving the us[ the division pistol team] practice ammo due to a 33% increase in the price of all ammo beginning in March or April. A rep from one of the ammo manafacturers hinted to our training staff that they may package ammo in double the quanity to make it more economical, such as 100 round economy instead of 50 round boxes. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, but I think my source is 100% reliable.
    I've noticed .45 becoming much more available the last month and the prices actually dropping a little. Made me think of this thread.

I can't get 45ACP anywhere around here. Even online has been scarce unless you want to shoot the corrosive or home defense rounds.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links