Ammo prices to rise

Ammo prices to rise

This is a discussion on Ammo prices to rise within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to pick up my allotment of 100 rounds per month for practice at my agencys training unit today and was told they may stop ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammo prices to rise

Ammo prices to rise

Went to pick up my allotment of 100 rounds per month for practice at my agencys training unit today and was told they may stop giving the us[ the division pistol team] practice ammo due to a 33% increase in the price of all ammo beginning in March or April. A rep from one of the ammo manafacturers hinted to our training staff that they may package ammo in double the quanity to make it more economical, such as 100 round economy instead of 50 round boxes. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, but I think my source is 100% reliable.

I hope that's not true...

your a little late to the party mate, like about a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    your a little late to the party mate, like about a year or so.

Yea, I just hope they don't go up again...

the price of ammo goes up with every shipment the lgs get around here
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

I just bought another carry gun so better get all the SD ammo I will need for awhile
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

All the more reason to BUY NOW.
    Shoot 100, buy 500.

[QUOTE=stoprilshoot;1470203]your a little late to the party mate, like about a year or so.

I've been a part of the party for 44 years, and if you read my post correctly, I was talking about NEW info on a NEW price increase that I learned about at work from people who order thousands of rounds per year for our agency, and they were talking about the increase for their next order
    Last edited by glockman10mm; January 28th, 2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Add time line

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    If it comes to pass that will really stink. Of course with the potential for inflation in the future, it could just be that the cost of EVERYTHING will go up
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    ... they may package ammo in double the quanity to make it more economical ...
    I think that's a great idea. But, in boxes of 250, 500 or 1000, it might take most of the "sting" of "baby" packaging out of the pipeline. Handling at each touch point would be reduced.

People who shoot less would simply need to arrange breaking up the larger lots. After all, 250rds is not a lot, not for anyone who shoots on occasion.

What I've wondered is why so many 20rd boxes exist. Never made sense to me. Boxes of 250/500/1000 would make far more sense, I'd think, even for "premium" type ammo, more-expensive rifle ammo and the like.

Still, warnings of a one-third jump in pricing is bad. With the pressure on out-of-stock calibers seemingly reducing this past several months, it's hard to imagine such a large price bump. Hm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I normally shoot around 400 rounds when i go. I did that last weekend and again tonight. I wish we could get larger amounts of ammo at a better price point.
    Jamie

I truly believe what we are seeing in price increasing is a result of several different dynamics. 1-manafacturers taking advantage of the market place due to current political enviroment and public concerns of bans, 2-suppling for the war effort may have impacted availibility and therefore increasing prices, and 3- more or unusual demand has put a premium on metals such as brass and copper which are key componets. Put all of these things together and they feed off one another creating a market frenzy. I believe that as soon as people realize OBAMA cannot be succesful in any kind of gun or ammo bans and relax, prices and supplys will return to normal. We saw the same thing in the 90's with the BRADY and Assault weapon bans. It cost CLINTON the house and senate majority. This is very fresh in the minds of the democrats who want to stay in power, and that is how I support my opinion. Next year at this time people will be trying to unload stuff they purchased at inflated prices and costs will fall and stabilize. Everything is a cycle. My intent was only to inform everyone to go ahead and buy what you were going to buy anyway until everything settles down.
    Last edited by glockman10mm; January 28th, 2010 at 08:20 PM. Reason: correct grammer

I truly believe what we are seeing in price increasing is a result of several different dynamics. 1-manafacturers taking advantage of the market place due to current political enviroment and public concerns of bans, 2-suppling for the war effort may have impacted availibility and therefore increasing prices, and 3- more or unusual demand has put a premium on metals such as brass and copper which are key componets. Put all of these things together and they feed off one another creating a market frenzy. I believe that as soon as people realize OBAMA cannot be succesful in any kind of gun or ammo bans and relax, prices and supplys will return to normal. We saw the same thing in the 90's with the BRADY and Assault weapon bans. It cost CLINTON the house and senate majority. This is very fresh in the minds of the democrats who want to stay in power, and that is how I support my opinion. Next year at this time people will be trying to unload stuff they purchased at inflated prices and costs will fall and stabilize. Everything is a cycle. My intent was only to inform everyone to go ahead and buy what you were going to buy anyway until everything settles down.
    I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon. I started buy large 'lots' about 2.5-3 years ago...it was well worth it.
    Some on this forum warned about what was to happen and were told..."No way!"(not those exact words)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a great supply of ammo for my autos, but also reload for my revolvers. So I am well stocked, but have not gone to any measures to hoard great amount of anything. I have been thru this before, and still believe the market will stabilize. Of course, people who have spent small fortunes on ammo and supplys do not want to hear or believe this, and I do not blame them, because if what I believe is true, they are out alot of money for nothing. If I am wrong, the worst thing for me is I will have to pay a little more for ammo, and since I reload, all I really need are a few supplys.

and 3- more or unusual demand has put a premium on metals such as brass and copper.

sorry, i dont buy it. copper is hitting recent lows and is still lower than it was several years ago.

sort of reminds me of the enron energy shortages.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links