what's in your PF9?

what's in your PF9?

This is a discussion on what's in your PF9? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading another thread and I am curious what kind of ammo and grain you guys carry in your keltec pf9's. I don't carry ...

Thread: what's in your PF9?

what's in your PF9?

I was reading another thread and I am curious what kind of ammo and grain you guys carry in your keltec pf9's. I don't carry mine much any more except in the summer. I read an article somewhere that said anything over 115gr in a keltec could cause damage in the long run...everything I shoot out of it is higher than 115gr, what do you think? what's in your pocket rocket?
    What's the advantage to having the 115gr vs the 147gr besides velocity? which do you prefer for self defence?

I shoot Federal premium 147gr HP's in mine.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

When I carried a PF-9, it was loaded with Corbon DPX. 115 gr. SHP. 16" penetration. Not many 147s can do that. It's the Barnes X bullet that does it.

IMO, 147 is too heavy out of a short barrel. You're not getting the optimum velocity.

I prefer 147 in my 9's but the PF9 does not like them at all. I carry Critical Defense 115's. These guns are way too finicky for my liking . I own two, one shoots ok the other is terrible even with ball ammo. I carry revolvers and never have problems.

My P11 has 147 grn Winchester sxt,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by cocojo View Post
    I prefer 147 in my 9's but the PF9 does not like them at all. I carry Critical Defense 115's. These guns are way too finicky for my liking . I own two, one shoots ok the other is terrible even with ball ammo. I carry revolvers and never have problems.
    Have you tried giving the feedramp a polishing? After I did that my pf9 will eat any round I feed it except lawman ammo.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post

IMO, 147 is too heavy out of a short barrel. You're not getting the optimum velocity.
    I use think so too untill I was told that a 147 spends more time in the barrel and gets more energy out of short barrels because of "dwell time".
    But like you I'm still not sold on 147s, I carry Gold Dot 124+p in mine.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I like 115gr. critical defense by Hornady. I haven't experienced any problem with them.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

adkjoe: I have done almost everything to this pf9 "Fluff and Buff" and it still won't feed. Short of returning the gun to Kel Tech, it's just sits in my safe. Tried to trade it in on another gun and they wanted to give me a $100.00 bucks for it. No way, I will keep it for parts for that kind of return. I should send the gun back to Kel Tech but I don't want to invest another forty dollars for shipping to do it. Then, get the gun back with the same issues, been there, done that, with Taurus Millenium guns, big mistake. It's too bad to, I love the looks and style of the gun but it's a paperweight. Kel Tech are hit or miss, my gun is a big miss.

CorBon DPX is a very good round to use.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

DoubleTap 124g Gold Dot +P.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Another satisfied critical defense 115gr user here.

CMR

Thumbs up

124gr +P Speer Gold Dot SB

Quote Originally Posted by Keltyke View Post
    When I carried a PF-9, it was loaded with Corbon DPX. 115 gr. SHP. 16" penetration. Not many 147s can do that. It's the Barnes X bullet that does it.

You are right that is why I now carry 124 grn +P HST in the P11
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ron
    124 gr. Golden Saber. Feeds perfectly.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links