Cabela's has 9mm ammo on sale

This is a discussion on Cabela's has 9mm ammo on sale within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just saw PMC Bronze 115 gr FMJ on sale for $10.99/50 if anyone's interested. Cabela's -- PMC Bronze Handgun Ammunition I havent tried it, ...

Thread: Cabela's has 9mm ammo on sale

I just saw PMC Bronze 115 gr FMJ on sale for $10.99/50 if anyone's interested.

Cabela's -- PMC Bronze Handgun Ammunition

I havent tried it, so dont know the quality.

They also have MFS (Hungarian) 9mm ammo on sale for the same price. I've tried that and got at least one FTE per box...and never ever with anything else. (Found it valuable for practicing speed clearing of FTEs)

And it's $5 shipping on orders over $150.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

FWIW PMC is good to go. I use the FMJ for practice all the time nary a problem

PMC Bronze is the only ammo I've found it be accurate in my S&W PC auto. Good stuff. Good price. But with S&H added it doesn't really make it a deal.
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

I've shot lots of PMC with no issues at all....

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jacket View Post
    PMC Bronze is the only ammo I've found it be accurate in my S&W PC auto. Good stuff. Good price. But with S&H added it doesn't really make it a deal.
    Just go ahead and get $150 worth and you have a good deal.

Thanks for the headsup on the sale.

I've also shot a lot of PMC, no problem. One note on the shipping... Cabelas add's an ammo surcharge on shipping if you're buying bigger quantities. So $5 will be the regular shipping amount, but there will likely be another $8 or so for the shipping surcharge. Still ends up being a pretty good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rico68 View Post

I've also shot a lot of PMC, no problem. One note on the shipping... Cabelas add's an ammo surcharge on shipping if you're buying bigger quantities. So $5 will be the regular shipping amount, but there will likely be another $8 or so for the shipping surcharge. Still ends up being a pretty good deal.
    Shipping is straight up $5 if you just go just over the $150 threshold. Just bought 14 for $153.86, final total $158.86. So you can at least get 14 boxes without an additional surcharge.

Sweet. Thanks for the tip. I've used PMC in the past with no problems at all. I've paid as much as $16/50rds for it. I need to make the trek to our Cabella's.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by rico68 View Post

When I used the 'free shipping' offered during Xmas on a big ammo order, they didnt charge me anything extra for shipping.....but of course this is a different offer.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I made a large ammo order a couple weeks ago and used the NRA Free Shipping code for free shipping. I think it was only good for a couple days because I called this week again for another large order and had to use the $5 flat shipping code from their website. Still a good offer.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

CMR
    i live about 30 minutes from the one in Dundee so I don't need to have anything shipped to my home.
    However, each time I've gone down there to get something, they either are out of it or its the wrong model/item number.
    I went down there a few weeks ago to get some .40 S&W FMJ. They were out of the stuff they advertised even though I called to see if any were in stock, which they said yes.
    I did find a couple of PMC .40 S&W FMJ boxes behind some other stuff so it was alright in the end.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Well, good to hear they're not adding the extra charge. Last time I used one of the special shipping rate offers on a 1,200 round order I was surprised to see the extra charge added. It still ended up being a decent deal at the time, but I wasn't expecting it. Maybe enough people complained that they stopped. Good news.

recently I've found that they are out of about everything in the catalogs. They used to ship what they had in stock and back order and ship the rest for no additional charge. Now, they will either hold the shipment until all items are in or charge additional shipping when it goes out. I hope that things are starting to get better, but thats been my experience.

Thanks for the info. 9MMare. That ammo is fine for training, no issues.

Senior Moderator
    PMC Bronze is fine - my local range stocks it, and I've shot a lot of it without an issue.

Cabella's has, unfortunately, increased the price to $13.99 a box.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Sponsored Links