What's the deal? (Do they make .38 spcl anymore?) - Page 3

What's the deal? (Do they make .38 spcl anymore?)

This is a discussion on What's the deal? (Do they make .38 spcl anymore?) within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sgtD I don't know if they are still making 38 spl anymore, but I am still making it. I just made another ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's the deal? (Do they make .38 spcl anymore?)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtD View Post
    I don't know if they are still making 38 spl anymore, but I am still making it. I just made another 100 rnds today;-}
    Where do you buy your primers?
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Have seen .38 and .357 Mag some lately.

.380 has started to slowly trickle back.

9mm can be had.

.40 is almost always in stock even during the height of the current ammo panic.

I have not seen .45 in ages though.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

In Wal-Mart last night, they had multiple boxes of 100 pack WWB. About 32.00 a box. I was fairly surprised at how much they had in various
    calibers. I might go back today just to get an idea of just how fast people buy this stuff. Of course I didn't leave without my fair share.

Regards,
    Josh

Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I'm looking at about 900 rounds of WWB .38 special in my walmart ammo case right now. 100 round boxes, 31.97 a box.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I can find some .38 here and there, but absolutely no .357.
    I have two brands of 38 special listed and in stock on my website. Federal 148 gr. wadcutter Lead and Winchester 158 gr. USA cowboy lead.
    I have .357 Sig - Rmanufactured. .357 mag. semi-wadcutter 18 gr. remanufactured.
    I have .380 long Fiocchi 125 gr. (by special order only) Must call

One week I have it the next week I'm out. Get it while it lasts.

Right now I'm waiting on a delivery of small arms primers. I was asked what brand. I said I would take whatever I can get.

www.gunsandupply.com

888-745-2080
    Last edited by SIGP250; March 11th, 2010 at 12:15 PM.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    Where do you buy your primers?
    A fella down the street from me has a small gun shop next to his house. No signage, advertising or anything, and he caters to a small group of rather serious shooters. Mostly cowboy action and sillouhette (sp?) shooters. I found out about him through some aquaintances at another gun shop who are members of the local gun club.

Anyway, he has stayed pretty well stocked with primers and powder throughout this mess. I don't know who his distributor is. His prices are 2 or 3 dollars higher than say Cabelas or Midway, but still good figuring I dont have to drive to Cabelas (1 hr) or pay shipping.

He was occasionally out of one type or another on and off for a couple months, but he usually has them. Last time he got small rifle in he could only get Wolf, but I just grabbed a carton of 1000 while the gettin was good you know.

I don't use but about 2000 or so pistol and 200 - 300 rifle per year, so I just keep my open case and one spare. When I have to open the spare, I replace it with another. So even when he was out, I had some on hand and could afford to wait until he got some in. Fortunately I never ran out. It also helps that I have plenty of loaded amo stored up, so I can go for lengthy periods without reloading if necessary.

I did cut back on shooting for a coupe months when the shortages were real bad though, for fear that i may use up all my stuff.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links