Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP

This is a discussion on Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by stoprilshoot and people who spent their hard earned money on it wont admit its not sold as first run ammo and like ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array Cuda66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    and people who spent their hard earned money on it wont admit its not sold as first run ammo and like to badmouth people that know more than them and are trying to look out for them.






    Try again, your point (like your previous ones) failed miserably.

    I don't own a .40 cal; therefore, I have never bought this ammo.

    However, if I did, I would have no issues purchasing and carrying it.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

    ...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper


    There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    Member Array stoprilshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    Try again, your point (like your previous ones) failed miserably.

    I don't own a .40 cal; therefore, I have never bought this ammo.

    However, if I did, I would have no issues purchasing and carrying it.

    i think i made my point.

    maybe i need to give a lesson in eco 101 and manufacturing.


  4. #18
    VIP Member Array Superhouse 15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    FWIW--the only company that that I've seen selling seconds of any of their defensive lines are Speer (Gold Dots)...and their ammo is quite visibly marked "training use only".
    What's the story with these? I've seen a bunch of boxes of 135gr .38+P in my area lately that are marked like that.

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    really?

    Please provide the actual letter from Winchester supporting your contention that it is safe for self-defence.


    You can't and it isn't. This is more than the second time you have been caught posting BS.


    thanks for trying!
    You made the allegation, you prove it. :) I find it very interesting that no one ever comes to your defense or backs up your allegations.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  6. #20
    Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    993

    Thumbs up Ammoman

    I've bought quite a bit of ammo from Rob, it has always been good stuff. I just bought a G23 and am going to order a case from him. I would trust any of his ammo completely, no matter what the disgruntled hi-point carriers might say.
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

    -- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

  7. #21
    Member Array cmoe25027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    33
    Well, after a looking into a lot of reviews and hearing nothing but good things from actual shooters and only speculation from negative reviewers I decided to buy a case. I will shoot a couple hundred rounds through my G27 and G23, if they work as well as expected I will start carrying them as my SD round of choice. I want to thank all of you and I will update this thread with my personal experience shooting these rounds. Thanks again everyone!

    Cheers,
    Collin

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array hogdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    N/E Florida
    Posts
    3,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    What's the story with these? I've seen a bunch of boxes of 135gr .38+P in my area lately that are marked like that.
    I think it's the lead defect JMO
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE


    IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array Cuda66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    What's the story with these? I've seen a bunch of boxes of 135gr .38+P in my area lately that are marked like that.
    Not sure about the .38, but a buddy of mine picked up some 9mm that was supposed to have a high incidence of primer failures in that particular lot.

    However, in about 500 rounds, there was not a single failure to ignite.

    Not sure if I'd carry it, but...not bad stuff to save for a rainy day, either.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

    ...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper


    There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

  10. #24
    Member Array cmoe25027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    33
    So I purchased a case of these, they arrived 3 days after I ordered so that part went smoothly! It does appear that there are some cosmetic defects with these. I shot a hundred of them last night and they fly straight, seem pretty clean, and there was not a lot of muzzle flash(this is in comparison to the Federal FMJ that I usually use). Would like to check expansion on them, but that will have to wait till I can get out of the city and set up the old jug and phonebook test!

    Cheers,
    Collin

  11. #25
    Member Array merischino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    301
    cmoe25027: When you do, come back and post the results. I just bought a Glock 22 .40 and I've been looking at the ammo prices everywhere and Ammoman looks pretty good.

    -M
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

  12. #26
    Member Array cmoe25027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by merischino View Post
    cmoe25027: When you do, come back and post the results. I just bought a Glock 22 .40 and I've been looking at the ammo prices everywhere and Ammoman looks pretty good.

    -M
    Sure will, if the weather keeps improving, should be able to get out soon!

    Cheers,
    Collin

    P.S. Congrats on the Glock!

  13. #27
    Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the Lowcountry of SC
    Posts
    724
    Just went to the Ammoman website to view the rounds. What is the red dye looking stuff around the primers?
    SCGunLover1

  14. #28
    Member Array merischino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoe25027 View Post

    P.S. Congrats on the Glock!
    Thanks! 20-something days and 900 rounds of utter Glock happiness going on here! Went to apply for my permit today. Glad that's under my belt. Now I'm working on the holster shopping....

    On a side note, I bought a deal that couldn't be beat for a bulk supply of .40 S&W target rounds before learning that steel case ammo isn't allowed anywhere at all near me that I can find. This Ammoman deal looks better and better. Still interested in hearing the results!

    M-
    Last edited by merischino; March 18th, 2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: grammar
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ammoman ; shipping ammo (what's this about ? )
    By Eagleks in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 16th, 2011, 12:46 PM
  2. Maybe too cheap .40SW Winchester "PDX1" on Ammoman
    By Biomortis in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 19th, 2009, 06:24 PM
  3. Fiocchi 9mm at Ammoman
    By cvhoss in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 13th, 2009, 08:50 AM
  4. Ammoman
    By fernset in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: August 11th, 2009, 10:39 AM
  5. ammoman
    By zero in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: August 16th, 2007, 09:02 PM

Search tags for this page

ammoman
,
ammoman .40
,
ammoman review
,
winchester .40 jhp
,
winchester .40 s&w jhp review
,
winchester 40 jhp
,

winchester jhp .40

,
winchester jhp 40
,

winchester zq4369

,
winchester zq4369 ammo
,

zq4369

,
zq4369 ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.