Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP

Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP

This is a discussion on Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please forgive me if this is a beat to death subject, but I did a quick search and found nothing on it. Has anyone here ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP

  1. #1
    Member Array cmoe25027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    33

    Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP

    Please forgive me if this is a beat to death subject, but I did a quick search and found nothing on it.

    Has anyone here purchased and used the .40 Winchester "Law Enforcement" JHP's that ammoman.com is selling shipped for $399 per 1000 shipped? Seems like an awesome deal, could definately get lots of practice with your carry ammo. I have a Glock 23 and just ordered a Glock 27(both .40's), and am very interested in this ammo, but would really like some opinions/reviews before I buy a case of ammo... Thanks in advance for any help!

    Cheers,
    Collin


  2. #2
    Member Array GTOGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    95
    I think Glock will not warranty their pistols if you use reloaded ammo. However, I have had no issues using reloaded ammo in any of mine.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

  3. #3
    Member Array cmoe25027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by GTOGuy View Post
    I think Glock will not warranty their pistols if you use reloaded ammo. However, I have had no issues using reloaded ammo in any of mine.
    I don't think it's reloaded. It doesn't say anything about being reloads or remanufactured on the site....

  4. #4
    Member Array leibdav1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    21
    it's NOT reloaded ammunition. It's bonded hollow point. I ordered a couple cases from them a while back and it shoots great out of my usp 40, glock 22, and sig pro 40.

  5. #5
    Member Array cmoe25027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by leibdav1 View Post
    it's NOT reloaded ammunition. It's bonded hollow point. I ordered a couple cases from them a while back and it shoots great out of my usp 40, glock 22, and sig pro 40.
    Thanks much, thats what I was hoping! Will prolly pick some up in a couple weeks.

    Cheers,
    Collin

  6. #6
    Member Array stoprilshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Zq4369


    they are seconds, not suitable for self defence IMHO.

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    Zq4369


    they are seconds, not suitable for self defence IMHO.
    That's your opinion. The ammo is simply a contract over-run for some LE agency. The Z indicates simply that it is an other than standard factory loading; it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the quality of the ammo.

    This "seconds" nonsense crops up every few months and is generally posted by people why don't know what they are talking about.

    One of the dealers in my area had a similar deal on Federal .40S&W HydraShok. They acquired 50k of the stuff when the FBI decided not to accept all the order.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  8. #8
    Member Array stoprilshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    That's your opinion. The ammo is simply a contract over-run for some LE agency. The Z indicates simply that it is an other than standard factory loading; it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the quality of the ammo.

    This "seconds" nonsense crops up every few months and is generally posted by people why don't know what they are talking about.

    One of the dealers in my area had a similar deal on Federal .40S&W HydraShok. They acquired 50k of the stuff when the FBI decided not to accept all the order.

    and thats your opinion, seems the only peeps of that opinion are the ones buying or selling the stuff. even the other ammo dealers wont touch it.


    good luck!

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array Cuda66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    and thats your opinion, seems the only peeps of that opinion are the ones buying or selling the stuff. even the other ammo dealers wont touch it.


    good luck!
    Wrong.

    Surplusammo.com has it; my local dealer has it.

    As stated above, it's an overrun, not seconds...and as stated above, people who don't know what they're talking about like to badmouth it.

    I'd carry it with no qualms.

    FWIW--the only company that that I've seen selling seconds of any of their defensive lines are Speer (Gold Dots)...and their ammo is quite visibly marked "training use only". I have no doubts Winchester would be doing the same thing if there were any issues with this ammo.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

    ...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper


    There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

  10. #10
    Senior Member Array Lewis128's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cape Girardeau, Mo.
    Posts
    657
    If it says Winchester, it will go bang.
    A quick check of www.amoengine.com- .40_S&W tells me you've found a good deal. There's plenty of cheaper FMJ, but that's a very good price for JHP.

  11. #11
    Member Array cmoe25027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    33
    Awesome info, thanks all!

    Cheers,
    Collin

  12. #12
    Member Array Biomortis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    357
    I bought a case from Ammoman. I've fired about 250 through my Glock 27 with no issues whatsoever. These are the PDX1 rounds that retail for about $1 each. If I had the extra cash at the moment I'd order a couple thousand rounds.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

  13. #13
    Member Array stoprilshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    As stated above, it's an overrun, not seconds...and as stated above, people who don't know what they're talking about like to badmouth it.

    I'd carry it with no qualms.

    and people who spent their hard earned money on it wont admit its not sold as first run ammo and like to badmouth people that know more than them and are trying to look out for them.








  14. #14
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    and people who spent their hard earned money on it wont admit its not sold as first run ammo and like to badmouth people that know more than them and are trying to look out for them.
    Please provide the actual letter from Winchester supporting your contention that the ammo is unsafe for SD use!!!

    You can't and it isn't. This is the second time you have been caught posting BS.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  15. #15
    Member Array stoprilshoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Please provide the actual letter from Winchester supporting your contention that the ammo is unsafe for SD use!!!

    You can't and it isn't. This is the second time you have been caught posting BS.



    really?

    Please provide the actual letter from Winchester supporting your contention that it is safe for self-defence.


    You can't and it isn't. This is more than the second time you have been caught posting BS.


    thanks for trying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ammoman ; shipping ammo (what's this about ? )
    By Eagleks in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM
  2. Maybe too cheap .40SW Winchester "PDX1" on Ammoman
    By Biomortis in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 19th, 2009, 07:24 PM
  3. Fiocchi 9mm at Ammoman
    By cvhoss in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 13th, 2009, 09:50 AM
  4. Ammoman
    By fernset in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: August 11th, 2009, 11:39 AM
  5. ammoman
    By zero in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: August 16th, 2007, 10:02 PM

Search tags for this page

ammoman
,
ammoman .40
,
ammoman review
,
winchester .40 jhp
,
winchester .40 s&w jhp review
,
winchester 40 jhp
,

winchester jhp .40

,
winchester jhp 40
,

winchester zq4369

,
winchester zq4369 ammo
,

zq4369

,
zq4369 ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.