Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP

This is a discussion on Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please forgive me if this is a beat to death subject, but I did a quick search and found nothing on it. Has anyone here ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammoman .40 Winchester JHP

Please forgive me if this is a beat to death subject, but I did a quick search and found nothing on it.

Has anyone here purchased and used the .40 Winchester "Law Enforcement" JHP's that ammoman.com is selling shipped for $399 per 1000 shipped? Seems like an awesome deal, could definately get lots of practice with your carry ammo. I have a Glock 23 and just ordered a Glock 27(both .40's), and am very interested in this ammo, but would really like some opinions/reviews before I buy a case of ammo... Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
    Collin

I think Glock will not warranty their pistols if you use reloaded ammo. However, I have had no issues using reloaded ammo in any of mine.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

Quote Originally Posted by GTOGuy View Post
    I think Glock will not warranty their pistols if you use reloaded ammo. However, I have had no issues using reloaded ammo in any of mine.
    I don't think it's reloaded. It doesn't say anything about being reloads or remanufactured on the site....

it's NOT reloaded ammunition. It's bonded hollow point. I ordered a couple cases from them a while back and it shoots great out of my usp 40, glock 22, and sig pro 40.

Quote Originally Posted by leibdav1 View Post
    it's NOT reloaded ammunition. It's bonded hollow point. I ordered a couple cases from them a while back and it shoots great out of my usp 40, glock 22, and sig pro 40.
    Thanks much, thats what I was hoping! Will prolly pick some up in a couple weeks.

Cheers,
    Collin

Zq4369

they are seconds, not suitable for self defence IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by stoprilshoot View Post
    Zq4369

they are seconds, not suitable for self defence IMHO.
    That's your opinion. The ammo is simply a contract over-run for some LE agency. The Z indicates simply that it is an other than standard factory loading; it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the quality of the ammo.

This "seconds" nonsense crops up every few months and is generally posted by people why don't know what they are talking about.

One of the dealers in my area had a similar deal on Federal .40S&W HydraShok. They acquired 50k of the stuff when the FBI decided not to accept all the order.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    That's your opinion. The ammo is simply a contract over-run for some LE agency. The Z indicates simply that it is an other than standard factory loading; it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the quality of the ammo.

This "seconds" nonsense crops up every few months and is generally posted by people why don't know what they are talking about.

One of the dealers in my area had a similar deal on Federal .40S&W HydraShok. They acquired 50k of the stuff when the FBI decided not to accept all the order.

and thats your opinion, seems the only peeps of that opinion are the ones buying or selling the stuff. even the other ammo dealers wont touch it.

good luck!

and thats your opinion, seems the only peeps of that opinion are the ones buying or selling the stuff. even the other ammo dealers wont touch it.

good luck!
    Wrong.

Surplusammo.com has it; my local dealer has it.

As stated above, it's an overrun, not seconds...and as stated above, people who don't know what they're talking about like to badmouth it.

I'd carry it with no qualms.

FWIW--the only company that that I've seen selling seconds of any of their defensive lines are Speer (Gold Dots)...and their ammo is quite visibly marked "training use only". I have no doubts Winchester would be doing the same thing if there were any issues with this ammo.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

If it says Winchester, it will go bang.
    A quick check of www.amoengine.com- .40_S&W tells me you've found a good deal. There's plenty of cheaper FMJ, but that's a very good price for JHP.

Awesome info, thanks all!

Cheers,
    Collin

I bought a case from Ammoman. I've fired about 250 through my Glock 27 with no issues whatsoever. These are the PDX1 rounds that retail for about $1 each. If I had the extra cash at the moment I'd order a couple thousand rounds.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    As stated above, it's an overrun, not seconds...and as stated above, people who don't know what they're talking about like to badmouth it.

I'd carry it with no qualms.

and people who spent their hard earned money on it wont admit its not sold as first run ammo and like to badmouth people that know more than them and are trying to look out for them.

and people who spent their hard earned money on it wont admit its not sold as first run ammo and like to badmouth people that know more than them and are trying to look out for them.
    Please provide the actual letter from Winchester supporting your contention that the ammo is unsafe for SD use!!!

You can't and it isn't. This is the second time you have been caught posting BS.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Please provide the actual letter from Winchester supporting your contention that the ammo is unsafe for SD use!!!

You can't and it isn't. This is the second time you have been caught posting BS.

really?

Please provide the actual letter from Winchester supporting your contention that it is safe for self-defence.

You can't and it isn't. This is more than the second time you have been caught posting BS.

thanks for trying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links