.45 acp question - Page 2

.45 acp question

This is a discussion on .45 acp question within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Blownsvt can't do that lol. it will not manually eject the round. the slide will hardly move back with a round chambered. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .45 acp question

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    can't do that lol. it will not manually eject the round. the slide will hardly move back with a round chambered. thats the problem i am having. it fires them just fine though. I will not be buying them again.
    If you have any spent cases from this batch "I" would immediately examine them for pressure as to flattened/pierced primers or bent rims. If you absolutely can't un-chamber a live round by racking the slide manually with normal effort... something is way wrong!

You may be in a dangerous over pressure situation and its only the sheer strength of the H&K keeping things safe.

Field strip the pistol, you should be able to insert a fired case than is clean and reasonably round back into the chamber with mild effort. It should chamber to the point the face/flat of the case head is flush with the barrel hood. If not the case is too long.

While the barrel is out of the pistol try to insert one of the loaded rounds into the chamber. If it won't go in till its flush with or a few thousands below the end of the barrel hood with NO pressure (this should be a drop in fit under the rounds own weight)...the ammo is out of spec. "I" would not fire it.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Hmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Blownsvt View Post
    can't do that lol. it will not manually eject the round. the slide will hardly move back with a round chambered. thats the problem i am having. it fires them just fine though. I will not be buying them again.
    Compare unfired +P Magtech cartridges against the others. Are they noticeably longer? It may be as little as 1/16" to cause the bullet to stick in the rifling.

Have you tried other brands of +P ammo? I'm willing to bet that they will work. Borrow a round or two from a buddy and see.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

nope this is my first experience putting any +p rounds through this gun. I don't have any of the spent brass from these on hand but i will try some of what you mentioned with the unspent rounds i still have. thanks for the suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links