Midway order

This is a discussion on Midway order within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just placed my first order to MidwayUSA... i ordered 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot short barrel 38 special, and 2 boxes of Speer Gold ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midway order

Midway order

Just placed my first order to MidwayUSA... i ordered 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot short barrel 38 special, and 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot 200 grain 45ACP rounds. They were very pleasant on the phone, and i hope to see the ammo soon. Was expensive, a little over $100 with shipping, but nobody in town has this type of ammunition. ANyone else have success with Midway? Bunker

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Just placed my first order to MidwayUSA... i ordered 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot short barrel 38 special, and 2 boxes of Speer Gold Dot 200 grain 45ACP rounds. They were very pleasant on the phone, and i hope to see the ammo soon. Was expensive, a little over $100 with shipping, but nobody in town has this type of ammunition. ANyone else have success with Midway? Bunker
    I've never bought ammo from them, but I have spent more money with them than I care to remember over the past 25 years. Back in the 80s and 90s I bought virtually all my reloading supplies from Midway. Good company to do business with.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

The only problem that I had with them was that they shipped my order too quick. I used the wrong address for shipping, sending my package to the wrong house. I called them about 20 minutes after I placed my online order to see if I could get the address changed. The customer service lady said it had already shipped! She wound up giving me my tracking number and said they would contact the shipper to change the address enroute. It came to the right house :-). I've never bought ammo from them, I use ammotogo.com. I have purchased other hard to find supplies from midway though.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

I placed my first order with them a few weeks ago - not for ammo, but for a scope mount. As I recall, I placed the order online on a Sunday, and received my mount on Tuesday. That was WITHOUT any kind of expedited shipping, Overnight, etc. I was impressed!

Regards,
    Jim

In my experience, Ammunition To Go has the best service/selection/etc. for ammo. I think you'll be satisfied.
    Wilson Combat Tactical Elite
    Springfield Champion, Springfield Mil Spec, Beretta 92FS
    Smith & Wesson 642, Smith & Wesson 640
    Smith & Wesson 627 Pro Series, Smith & Wesson 629 Classic
    Remington 1100 Competition Master, Tikka T3 Hunter Stainless 300 WSM

Midway is great. I have personally kept them profitable over the years. ;-)

My wife thinks I have made them wealthy! She got up-set when they sent me a Happy Birthday E-mail Good people to deal with.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

I just wish that midway had a storefront, I would much rather pick up stuff instead of ordering. Good company though.

I've ordered thousands of rounds from them in the last 3 years; excellent service and cheaper than any of the local gun shops. Has of course been challenging to get just the ammo I want thru them or anyone for the last almost 2 years, but their inventory is improving...

cmb
    Fast shipping for sure, good company, seem to have a variety of supplies and not afraid to send you books to constantly drool over... good marketing tactic there, bet they make back the cost of that book easy!

however best prices on magazines, Cheaperthandirt.com

ammo: ammoman.com, ammotogo

midway and natchez seem to have good sales...

Quote Originally Posted by mauser1959 View Post
    I just wish that midway had a storefront, I would much rather pick up stuff instead of ordering. Good company though.
    While you would still need to place your order over the phone or online, there is a pickup option:
    Customer Order Pickup - For Customers who wish avoid shipping charges, we allow a pickup service at the MidwayUSA facility during our regular business hours. M-F 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Saturday 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM and Sunday 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
    And to echo others, Midway's service is second to none. They may not always have the cheapest prices, but they are great to do business with.

Make sure you go to their web site and register an account. They give you special pricing on your birthday that can result in some sizable discounts. I saved my Grandson about $50.00 on a Simmons scope, Leupold rings and base for his Savage rifle. I usually place items I "want" but don't need right now on my wishlist and then order on my birthday prices. Last year, my birthday order was about $2000.00 with a total savings of right at $300.00. I saved $80.00 on just one gun case.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    While you would still need to place your order over the phone or online, there is a pickup option:

And to echo others, Midway's service is second to none. They may not always have the cheapest prices, but they are great to do business with.
    +100000

absolutely. They have such great CS its unreal. I wish more companies where as good as MidwayUSA.com
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Ive spent quite a bit of money on online orders to Midway USA. They have always been professional and between them and Cheaper than Dirt they have good prices. There is a reason Midway USA is still in business. They are excellent. I just wish they'd quit sending me email sales information when I don't have any money.
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

I am sure I have paid someone's wages at Midway for quite some time. They are very good people to deal with. Never have had a problem.
    In regards to another poster stating he wished they had a store front. I'm sure in the front of the catalog, they'll tell you how you can go to their place of business and pick up your order. Unfortunately, they do not have a store, whereby we can go in, look, and buy on the spot.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Unfortunately, they do not have a store, whereby we can go in, look, and buy on the spot.
    maybe a good thing... I would be very very very poor if they did

OOoooo I need this... and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this...and this..... HOW MUCH?!?!?!?
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links