Cabelas Horrible

This is a discussion on Cabelas Horrible within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't blame the gas station owner if he can't get gasoline. he gets it when the refinery can provide and deliver it....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cabelas Horrible

I don't blame the gas station owner if he can't get gasoline. he gets it when the refinery can provide and deliver it.

2. Remove Ads

I take a ride out to Cabela's at least once a year. It's like being a kid in a candy store. I always have had a pleasant experience in the store.

I did make a bulk ammo purchase in August 09. I was given numerous expected delivery dates. They even removed me from the backorder list without telling me. After a phone call they made it right by taking off 10%. As of last month, still no ammo. They had called me a few times to offer an alternantive brand. I had ordered 9mm in bulk. Finally, I switched .45 ACP in a smaller quantity that they had in stock. It came a few days later.

It just happens to be tough to buy ammo in a time of war.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

One thing I always check before I commit to online ammo purchase is shipping rates.

I never buy anything that marked backorder, I don't care what the company is.

I am 40 minutes from Cabela's, so I normally just buy what I need from off the shelf, but they don't keep shelf-stock of 500 and 1000 round bulk ammo deals. I have ordered twice and had the ammo shipped to the store and picked it up there - no shipping fee and I've had the ammo in under a week each time.

Yea, there's the gas to go to Cabela's but I always mix that run with something else to offset that expense.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by JohnWFD View Post
    Try Sportman's Guide for ammo. Once you join the club and start getting the 10.00 off coupons they become a good source. I also think Ammo to go is great.
    I too joined their club, and for a while they were good. Then I ordered S&B .380 and it's been on backorder for 1 1/2 years! You would think they would offer me another ammo, but no. Meanwhile, Natchez and Cabelas have come through with the exact same ammo.

Natchez is my first choice.

tag
    I've never had a problem with my Cabelas order. I've ordered from them dozens of times. I ordered 500 rds of 45ACP FMJ and 100 rds of 45 ACP Speer Gold Dot from them a couple of months ago and received it in about 10 days.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

I order from all kinds of places and have not had problems. Cabelas is often the cheapest per round because they have free shipping deals and it seems they ship from a fairly local warehouse. I get the delivery in about 2 days. I never buy backordered. There are too many sources and I make a purchase when my supply gets down to about 1,000 rounds.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links