I have a new copy of "The Ayoob Files: The Book." that I have just got done reading.

I have a new copy of "The Ayoob Files: The Book." that I have just got done reading.

This is a discussion on I have a new copy of "The Ayoob Files: The Book." that I have just got done reading. within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the spirit of ccw9mm I would like to offer it out but….. I very much preferably to a law Enforcement Officer. (To all others ...

Thread: I have a new copy of "The Ayoob Files: The Book." that I have just got done reading.

In the spirit of ccw9mm I would like to offer it out but…..

I very much preferably to a law Enforcement Officer. (To all others I hope you will forgive me. With this, in a small way, I would like to thank the LEO’s for what they do and perhaps one may pick up some useful information from the book.)

I will pay the postage to mail it to you and only ask after your done you do the same and send it one to another. Your choice at that time if it’s a LEO or a civilian.

If you are unaware Ayoob writes in the style of telling of the incident then explaining in some detail what gun, ammo was used how affective it was and offers his experience on the situation. The book is very, very interesting and angered me several times. I wanted to reach into the pages and slap the dog $&!* out of the bad guys several times. (sorry but true!)
    So if your interested and a LEO please PM me.
    Rick
    Europe Defense Veterans of America
    www.edva.us
    1983: The Brink Of Apocalypse
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...1170436508560#
    XDM 9MM 4.5" & XDM 9MM 3.8"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsftwre View Post

I very much preferably to a law Enforcement Officer. (To all others I hope you will forgive me. With this, in a small way, I would like to thank the LEO’s for what they do and perhaps one may pick up some useful information from the book.)

I will pay the postage to mail it to you and only ask after your done you do the same and send it one to another. Your choice at that time if it’s a LEO or a civilian.

If you are unaware Ayoob writes in the style of telling of the incident then explaining in some detail what gun, ammo was used how affective it was and offers his experience on the situation. The book is very, very interesting and angered me several times. I wanted to reach into the pages and slap the dog $&!* out of the bad guys several times. (sorry but true!)
    Rick
    Shouldn't a LEO know this stuff all ready?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

That's the spirit. Offering something to the forum. I like that. Same way myself. You do know plenty of Ayoob's articles can be found online. The book, 'In the Gravest Extreme' IMO, is a must read for most just entering into CC. It's an old book, but a good foundation. Other than that, I've read plenty of Ayoob's tales and articles as well as videos. Highly recommended. Here's a link to some of his articles in the past: http://www.backwoodshome.com/author_index.html

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Shouldn't a LEO know this stuff all ready?
    It is a book of “case studies” and or stories like in the mag.
    Note: If I find that they are not interested I will offer it up to anyone. Just trying to do something nice.
    Last edited by jcsftwre; November 3rd, 2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: to add note
    www.edva.us

It is a book of “case studies” and or stories like in the mag.
    Note: If I find that they are not interested I will offer it up to anyone. Just trying to do something nice.
    Commendable.

Well then I guess I'll ask if anyone is interested. If not I'll just toss it on the pile.
    www.edva.us

Let it run for a bit longer. I'll help keep it up to date so long as I can see it. I'd take you up on the offer myself, but I'm in the middle of one book right now, and that's something to talk about since I haven't read a paperback in several years....been on the internet, but book reading does my eyes good when I get the chance. Somebody needs to jump on the offer. I'd hate to see it thrown on the "pile". I just know it will be a couple of months before I get through my current reading and move onto something else which may take another couple of months depending. Anything Ayoob has in writing is worth reading IMO. I've read his books before, and seen some of his videos. I'll say that somebody will be missing out on this offer. You can't loose. I'll guarantee informative. Has no place in the "pile" or at a flea market.

Ex Member
    I'll take it!

I have that book and highly recommend it. It is an excellent read full of insight and rock solid information for surviving both legal and lethal situations!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

If you don't mind it getting passed to someone who isn't a LEO, I'd love to read it and then pass it to the next person who wants it with preference given to LEO's.

Rick
    I think that's a generous thing to do. Applauses all around.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Links