Magpul Art of the Dynamic Shotgun DVD's

This is a discussion on Magpul Art of the Dynamic Shotgun DVD's within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I got my copy of the Shotgun video in yesterday. As with all their videos they are well made and gave a lot of ...

VIP Member

Well I got my copy of the Shotgun video in yesterday. As with all their videos they are well made and gave a lot of good information. I use these videos for both training techniques and for their entertainment value.

I have not run a shotgun tactically in many years so I could relate to the comments in the video about "The lost art of running a shotgun". It is truly one of the most complicated weapons systems going. Keeping it fed becomes a never ending task. If you are not shooting it you are feeding it.

Costa and Haley along with the class use several different variations of shotguns with everything from bead sights to high dollar optics. Each system is run a little bit differently and a good variations of the basic technique are left up to the shooters. I do wish they would have covered more of the Saiga magazine fed models. They show a couple but never really get into them.

This is a 3 disc set with the first two being the actual classes and training with the third being equipment, specific drills and of course the bloopers made in the class which to me was the perfect ending to watching the videos.

Overall good information passed on and as always professionally done. Is their way the only way? Nope and they tell you that in the video but we all need to choose some way to accomplish the mission.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

One thing that the Magpul guys do really well is teach. They'll introduce a concept, demonstrate it, then have the students practice it under increasing stress loads. Watching a DVD, you can't get the full effect, but you can practice a given concept yourself. Other videos do this to greater or lesser extents, but the Magpul guys really get it right.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I'm watching it tonight, and over the weekend.

I just got done with the first disc. I found it to not only be entertaining, but very informative as well. The two Instructors work with the students, and the limitations of their weapon systems to best accomplish the desired goal. I find this very refreshing as lots of people that consider themselves Instructors will urge you to go with their chosen platform instead of adapting the teaching to what the student runs.

I'm impressed with the first disc and look forward to the next two. I picked up a couple of tricks, and it has me looking at a couple of things on my own Blunderbuss.

Biker

I got videos on shotgun-I have one and two and looking forward to getting three all free. What a bargain!
    I trained everyday and will be ready for the day that I have to defend myself or my family!

How the heck are you getting them at that price, (FREE)??? Just happens to be in my current price range!

I'd love to know a place that could rent these! Just can't justify spending the $$ to buy them.

All this downtime with unemployment has been depressing and some dry fire training with these vids would be a nice break, (especially since the bikes are put away for the season ).
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I recently got the video on from Magpul on handguns 1, 2, and 3 all free and its worth every bit of it. These guys know what they talking about and I have learned more from them then any other video that I have watched. They are straight forward and no B.S. I hope they come out with more!
    I trained everyday and will be ready for the day that I have to defend myself or my family!

Links