My Close-Combat Reading and Viewing List (links included)
Here is my short list of reading and reference on the subject.
- "Shooting to Live" by Fairbairn and Sykes.
- "Kill or Get Killed” by Col. Rex Applegate.
- “Bullseyes Don’t Shoot Back” by Col. Rex Applegate and Michael Janich.
- “The Close-Combat Files of Col. Rex Applegate”.
- “Shooting For Keeps: Point Shooting For Close-Quarter Combat” by Rex Applegate (video)
- “The Principles of Personal Defense” by Col. Jeff Copper.
- "No Second Place Winner" by William Henry Jordan
- "Defensive Use of Firearms" by Stephen P. Wenger
Though I have not read or seen these yet, they do come highly recommended by people I respect…
- “Basic Gunfighting 101” by Michael T. Rayburn
- "Instinctive Point Shooting: Street Proven Firearms Tactics” by Michael T. Rayburn (video)
...and for the H2H/Combatives/MA crowd:
USMC Close Combat 1999
USMC MA-1.02 Fundamentals Of Marine Corps Martial Arts
USA FM 21-150 Combatives 1992
USA FM 3-25.150 Combatives 2002
Hope these help someone...