CCW Relevant Comments by LTC Grossman on 8.12.11 in Northern Virginia

This is a discussion on CCW Relevant Comments by LTC Grossman on 8.12.11 in Northern Virginia within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend of mine, who actually went to this event (the Tactical Response Expo), sent me the below: --- --- So today Colonel Grossman spoke. ...

Thread: CCW Relevant Comments by LTC Grossman on 8.12.11 in Northern Virginia

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar

A friend of mine, who actually went to this event (the Tactical Response Expo), sent me the below:

--- ---

So today Colonel Grossman spoke. (I know he's LTC.)

Put very simply, LTC Grossman is the best speaker I have ever heard in my life.

I thought I would share some of the comments he made during his 2:45 minute presentation.

If we had 1970s medical technology today the murder rate would actually be 4X higher than it is (A Harvard, peer reviewed study a decade ago)
    Crime is down? BS. Crime is being deliberately under-reported.
    "Piss on golf. There is not a single survival skill to be learned on a golf course. Hitting a golf ball 200 yards does not impress me. Hitting the golf ball at 200 yards impresses the hell out of me. Golf did not do a bit of good on Normandy. Let the sheep go graze on the golf course."
    "We cannot find one single homicide in a workplace that allows CCW."
    While I don't agree with him on this one, he does not like the term active shooter. He thinks it is a slight against good people and the legit pasttime of shooting. He prefers, and used throughout the presentation, the term "active killer." I personally think the term "active shooter" well describes the tactical situation at hand.

"One or two armed citizens in the first five minutes are worth 1000 a half hour later."
    This comment was in the vein of school shootings and how the police should consider using armed citizens on the scene (e.g. parents) in those first few minutes that can make all the difference in the world.

I like it.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Ouch, I happen to love golf, of which I intend to play alot of in the coming years. I gave up golf to get out of debt and build savings. With that accomplished I am now focused on politics and my 2nd admendment rights.

I fully agree that an armed citizenry is safer than a disarmed one. As times get tougher I suspect the need for self-defense will increase.

Bulletproof Mind

I have his BULLETPROOF MIND dvd package (5DVD's) and he discusses the need for CCW at length.

He is very pro-CCW and feels it is necessary to arm teachers and school bus drivers to prevent terrorists attacks and school killers.

You know what they say about opinions. If two people agree with each other 100% the world has one too many people, in my opinion.

I like it too!

Links