Finished my first Stephen Hunter Novel....

This is a discussion on Finished my first Stephen Hunter Novel.... within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by OD* Try Andrew Vachss's "Burke" series also. The Burke Series by Andrew Vachss : The Zero 5.0laf - The Official Website of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Finished my first Stephen Hunter Novel....

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Thanks for the link. The titles look interesting, and I guess I need to invest in either a Kindle or a Nook as I'm running out of shelf space!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well so far I have read Hot Springs, Pale Horse Coming, point of Impact, Dirty White Boys, Black Light, and I am about to finish Havana (not the best of the Earl Swagger novels), I already have Time to Hunt which I will start next. I can not get enough of these books, have really been enjoying them as you can tell, and I am not much of a reader!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Try Brad Thor and Vince Flynn.
    I've read every one of theirs and crave more.
    In the Vince Flynn series, start with "Term Limits."
    This one predates the hero, Mitch Rapp, but it will shock you when the hero assassinates certain people.
    You should read them in order, they stand alone, but there are recurring characters that it's good to follow.

Now that I have a Kindle, I read many, many $.99 books. It kills me to pay $14.99 for an E-Book.

Quote Originally Posted by satori59 View Post
    The only novel of his I did not like as much was "Havana".

He makes for a great read, though. You might also enjoy Lee Child's series of Jack Reacher novels.
    +1 on the Reacher novels! I have read every one of them at least once and a few of them twice. Jack Reacher is the man. Now going to look into the Earl Swagger books though.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Books

Ditto in the Kindle or someting like it. I have a Tom Clancy book I started 15 years ago when I traveled a lot and stopped after 100 pages due to a sore arm from carry of the book. At the time Clancy did not do electronic (except for video games) so I went to those that did on my then only option Palm. Now I can put an entire series on the Ebook and read it on my phone, ipad, desktop or the Kindle itself. Works out well. The Hunter series is my next one - will get in order and just as the lead character pick off one at a time......

Life is good.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    +1 on the Reacher novels! I have read every one of them at least once and a few of them twice. Jack Reacher is the man. Now going to look into the Earl Swagger books though.
    You'll like the Swagger books... try to start at the beginning with the old man... Earl Swagger... then get into the son, Bob Lee Swagger... Somebody did a list of the order you'll have to google it 'cause they weren't written in order.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links