I want to learn the guts of a gun.

This is a discussion on I want to learn the guts of a gun. within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want to learn not only the guts of handguns, shotguns and rifles but I not only want to learn that "this part is the ...

Thread: I want to learn the guts of a gun.

I want to learn the guts of a gun.

I want to learn not only the guts of handguns, shotguns and rifles but I not only want to learn that "this part is the Sear" but what the purpose of the Sear is. I have alot of time on my hands at work and even at home and I REALLY want to study this. I admit it's a bit embarrassing not knowing what a Sear is or what it does but what I realized is alot of the guys at the range don't know the purpose of the different internals of their guns either.

Can anyone point me to some great reading material? I'll even read gun specific books like for the 1911 or Glock if it will help my overall knowledge of guns.

2. Remove Ads

Try YouTube for videos and explanations. Google "gun parts and history". Buy books on the history of a firearm your interested in and try reading a manual of gun repair if you are so inclined. I like the 1911 so I have a few books on it from A-Z. I learn a lot. Online the are exploded views of the gun and on You Tube there are videos of how guns work and cycle to cleaning and repair as well as engraving and polishing. The information is amazing. Just type in everything you can think of.
    Hope this helps get you started.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Meant to mention. Just got a good book on the 1911. It is titled "1911, The first 100 years". Got it on my iPad from Amazon. It is a Kindle book but I also think it is in hard copy. Enjoy.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Links