Magazine/Periodical Subscriptions

This is a discussion on Magazine/Periodical Subscriptions within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Which magazine/periodicals do you personally feel you have to have? So far the only one I get monthly is "Guns & Ammo" I enjoy this ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tzadik

Thread: Magazine/Periodical Subscriptions

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar

Which magazine/periodicals do you personally feel you have to have? So far the only one I get monthly is "Guns & Ammo" I enjoy this one but would like to order a couple of other that don't just mirror the info found in this one. I realize that there are a very few publishers putting out many different products often with many of the same stories etc in each. I don'[t want to pay for the same info over and over again.

Thanks;
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Handguns Magazine because the article are better & has some self defense stuff the others don't. Handguns Magazine - The Largest Handgun-Only Magazine in the Country

Found this one online also...there are several online if you look: Guns Magazine

Tacticle Life, Guns & Wheapons for Law Enforcement has new goodies: Tactical-Life.com Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement

If you like keeping up on new stuff and checking base pricing, seeing some good old stuff, Shotgun News is hard to beat.
    Shotgun News - Trusted by Avid Firearms Collectors for over 60 Years

American Handgunner Mag: American Handgunner

Handloader Magazine.

For PC's: Technology News, Computer and Notebook Reviews, Computer News, Computer Mods, PC News | Maximum PC Maximum PC is the best and only one I would deem worth the subscription price because of the utilities disk that comes with each issue, containing apps, new games, etc.

VIP Member
    Guitar World and Mensa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Guitar World and Mensa.
    LMAO

As I have only one hand my guitar skills are rather poor. Belonged to the other but now retired at 64 I have little need to prove anything to myself or others any more.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Personal and Home Defense is a good magazine.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I get four, my NRA-American Hunter, Bowhunter, North American Whitetail, Shooting Times.
    I do enjoy them, but I wouldn't say I "have to have them".
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

America's 1st Freedom, Reason Magazine, The Economist, Shop Notes, Computer Music, Modern Jeweler, Jeweler's Circular Keystone, MJSA Journal
    WoodCraft Magazine
    Maverickx50 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    America's 1st Freedom, Reason Magazine, The Economist, Shop Notes, Computer Music, Modern Jeweler, Jeweler's Circular Keystone, MJSA Journal
    WoodCraft Magazine
    How do you find time for wood working with all that reading? just kidding. Glad you reminded me I'd like to be getting that one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    How do you find time for wood working with all that reading? just kidding. Glad you reminded me I'd like to be getting that one myself.
    I don't. I just bought a lot of tools and read about building stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    I don't. I just bought a lot of tools and read about building stuff.
    Just designed this locking corner cabinet (SolidWorks) I't going to be my first try at cabinet making.

CORNER CABINET.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Just designed this locking corner cabinet (SolidWorks) I't going to be my first try at cabinet making.

CORNER CABINET.JPG
    Like the fold down sides. Have fun and take your time. The extra time you spend to make it right will really save time in the long run trying to correct stuff.

I have the opposite problem. 44 years in the tool & Die business I have problems getting past NOT holding +-.0001" LOL

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I get; American Rifleman, Combat Handguns, Israel My Glory and pick up an occasional Shotgun News. Thinking about subscribing to QST again... maybe.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

For handguns I like American Handgunner and Combat handguns. My shooting friends got together we each get 1 or 2 of the good magazines each and then pass them around. Saves a ton of money. Same with training DVD's.

American Handgunner
    Handgun Magazine
    Combat Handguns
    American Rifleman

Sponsored Links