GnR Started Thread #4 Hickok45 vs. NutnFancy - Page 2

GnR Started Thread #4 Hickok45 vs. NutnFancy

This is a discussion on GnR Started Thread #4 Hickok45 vs. NutnFancy within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like Tex Grebner...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: GnR Started Thread #4 Hickok45 vs. NutnFancy

I like Tex Grebner
    zacii likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I like Tex Grebner
    Did you see the Tosh.0 "Web Redemption" featuring Tex? I surely hope his 15minutes is up.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I'll have to check Hickok45 out because I've never watched any of his videos and I have never heard of him.

I like Nutnfancy. He has a tendency to get engrossed in what he's saying and err on the side of redundancy though. He has talking points to keep him on track and yet he still gets off on tangents. He does love what he does though and has a lot of good information for a novice (like me). I don't mind watching 40 min. videos as long as its good info and not a 20 min video with 20 min. of reiteration. I also don't have the bandwidth to watch his videos per Hughes bandwidth Nazis unless I stay up to 2:00 A.M. in which, sometimes I will do so.

For those that don't like Nut, you perhaps should respect the fact that he does try to be un-biased and he does make strenuous efforts to give you real world data and not just opinions, talking points and rumor. I also like that he's basing his assessments on years of personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Did you see the Tosh.0 "Web Redemption" featuring Tex? I surely hope his 15minutes is up.
    Yes I did, and could not stop laughing.

I think both Nutnfancy and Hickok45 have their place. I tend to like Nutnfancy's creative gun exercises more than his reviews. Hickok45 is a lot more organized to the point, but it is still hard get too much useful out of his reviews just because he can hit anything with anything. That doesn't give me a very good idea of relative capability when everything always works perfectly. He is still a lot of fun to watch and his videos are generally nice and short.

For either one, opinion is just opinion unless they back it up with fact. Listen for "why" they like something rather than just what they say they like.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but anyone seen fateofdestinee on youtube? She is amazing and good looking. Her videos are really good and very informational!

I used to like them both. Nutnfancy's rambling got old quick, but the final straw for me was when watching a review of a gun I was interested in purchasing. The Walther PPS.

To provide a full review based off initial impressions boggled my mind. Why review a weapon you have no experience with? It's obvious he was more interested in posting the video, than taking the time to get to know the gun, take it to the range, then provide a comprehensive review.

Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    May I?

I don't believe that its my responsibility to protect everyone just because I carry a weapon. Nobody died and made me a cop. I will protect myself and my loved ones and if.....and only "if" the opportunity presents itself that I may interfere with someone else's affairs whereas I don't risk injury to myself, it is at my discretion that I get involved.

GnR <----not a sheep dog! Get your own license and training!

Amen!

I perfer Hickok45, states his bias up front, but will still point out what is good about a given gun. Even if he doesn't care for that feature or product.

I like that he can shoot and hit targets with most anything - doesn't get caught up in MOA and BS, does it go Bang...Ding...? works.
    If he has trouble controlling shots by his 2nd or 3rd video on a gun... (and he is windy... but shoots a ton for each gun) he may have a point to make on that product or a specific reason he has the problem.

I have watched a number of Hickok45 videos. They seem nice and to the point. Personally I do not want to sit all day and learn about one gun. Just show it to me, run through the features, and shoot. He does this.

The only video I attempted to watch of Nutnfancy was the keltec shotgun video. 40 minutes of a guy in a tac-vest storming through the desert wasn't for me. I can understand wanting to shoot for accuracy with low MOA guns and nice optics. That video seemed well boyond that. Just show me a gun in a more practical sense. I am not clearing buildings by myself. Do not need a shotgun that can wipe out a whole platoon of cardboard silhouettes.

As mentioned earlier military arms channel is great. He has a lot of videos posted on this site. They are direct, honest, and just the right length. To me he shows a practical product with practical applications achieving practical goals. Nice to see a rugged $200 red dot that the average shooter can own, and trust in the unlikely scenario of defending with a rifle. I watch just about any video of his that comes up here now.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Some of Nutn' Fancy's stuff is good, don't get me wrong, but some of it is so....well I'll just post a link to this blog that I happen to partly agree with.

Weapons Related: Nutnfancy

In terms of entertainment, I like Hickock, in terms of to the point and useful information I like The Military Arms Channel.

ETA: And don't get me started on the whole Sheep Dog thing.
    Just read that blog and it gave me all the reasons I need to not waste my time on his videos. Unless its about tactical scooters. The more I read the more he sounded like Gecko45.

I am a huge fan of Hickok45.

I find that Nutnfancy needs five or six paragraphs to say what I can say in a single sentence. I keep trying to wade through Nutnfancy's videos but I regularly give up after only a few minutes once I become overwhelmed by the excess verbiage and bloviating.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I'll have to check Hickok45 out because I've never watched any of his videos and I have never heard of him.
    You are in for a treat.

I think they both have much to offer with some consideration. Tom Gresham's GunTalk is a great audio program and TV guy.

Sponsor
    I once heard of a craft boutique called "nutn'fancy"

But have enjoyed a number of his video's, however I will have to check out hickock45. Haven't heard of him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links