GnR Started Thread #4 Hickok45 vs. NutnFancy - Page 4

GnR Started Thread #4 Hickok45 vs. NutnFancy

This is a discussion on GnR Started Thread #4 Hickok45 vs. NutnFancy within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; both are very good at what they do,could not pick one over the other......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: GnR Started Thread #4 Hickok45 vs. NutnFancy

both are very good at what they do,could not pick one over the other...

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Yankee Marshall, tnoutdoors,hickcock,Rugers vids w/Dave Spaulding, Clint Smith and some others I can't remember right now are good.
    And of course there are a plethora of friggin' idiots as well

Check out Sturmgewehre on youtube. He provides a well rounded presentation with his reviews.

I like both but Gunblast is great too. He is to the point and knows his stuff.

VIP Member
    I appreciate the efforts of anyone doing some instructional video and posting them for us to see.......FREE. I think that's great, however if I had to make one major suggestion (to no one in particular), the video should be more about quality, rather than quantity. Get the points across, and use some brevity.......please.

I recently watched a home-made video recently, I believe it was 11 minutes long and could have easily been trimmed to less than 2 minutes. I think the guy just liked to hear himself talk.....but I didn't.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I subscribe to both but prefer nutn more, if I had to compare them. They have different goals with either of their channels so it's not really a fair comparison anyway. I do hate that slow-mo that Big John loves to pointlessly tack-on to the end of most of hickok's videos, though. Note to Big John: STOP.

I've only been shooting for about a year, and just one video where I saw how Hickok45 grips and stands a little different made me a hundred times more accurate. I'm not saying he's better or worse than anyone, just that that one video completely changed the way I shoot and took away months of frustration

Hickok45 hands down can shoot. As far as being non-biased I agree with that as well. Ive watched many of his videos as well as gunblast.com nutnfancy yankee marshall etc. There is a ton of exceptional firearms reviewers on YT. As far as nutnfancy long drawn out videos reviews and spews I agree they are to long winded

H45 has great vids. I enjoy watching his reviews and he's just very interesting to listen to on the vids. Very informative and ultimately has a very nice collection. I've never heard of the other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by norb5150 View Post
    Hickok45 hands down can shoot. As far as being non-biased I agree with that as well. Ive watched many of his videos as well as gunblast.com nutnfancy yankee marshall etc. There is a ton of exceptional firearms reviewers on YT. As far as nutnfancy long drawn out videos reviews and spews I agree they are to long winded
    i just watched a few videos of NutNFancy. He seems like he's very very full of himself. If I wanted to watch people like that in action I'd watch some of my ww2 documentaries or the Magpul Tactical Art of the Carbine. Hickok is not arrogant in his videos nor annoying.
    shockwave likes this.

Nut has never heard an acronym he did not like. Well I watched one on ARs I want my 30 minutes back... He can talk.. And talk...

Hickok45 vids are interesting and you get to see how the guns preform far as recoil, etc. Nutnfancy vids are good. I really liked a Fenix flashlight review he did. Other than that Nutnfancy vids are entertainment to me like watching a TV episode.
    I finally subbed to Nutnfancy a few days ago. I always been on the fence as far as Nutnfancy goes but Hickok45 is very interesting to watch. His backyard where he shoots at is really nice. Better than paper target shooting any day.

I especially like Nutnfancy's Adventure and Outdoor videos. A lot of them are better than National Geographic or History Channel.

As far as firearms reviews I watch and subscribe to Nutnfancy, Hickok45, Military Arms Channel as well as several others.

I do watch a lot of YouTube videos. Better than what's on most TV.

Military Arms Channel is a member of DC and I really like his videos. I like his method of presenting the information and I trust his opinion most. He's also a Marine.

Hickok45 also does pretty good reviews and his personality and presentation is much different than Nutnfancy and MAC's.

Nutnfancy has a lot of good information. When he tests a gun, he really tests them. If you've seen any of his "Run-n-Gun" videos like the Sledgehammer Challenge, and Trench Warfare series, you'll see the guy puts guns through their paces more than any other internet reviewer does.

Yeah, they're long... Sometimes they're boring... blah, blah, blah... He gives an honest opinion based on honest testing and you get to see the testing in his run-n-gun shoots.

If I had to opportunity to shoot a fraction as much as he does, on the type of gun ranges he does, I would be tickled pink.

No one has tested the Kel-Tec KSG shotgun (as well as many others), more intensely than Nutnfancy has. None. I've never seen anyone on YouTube even come close.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Hickok45 for president!

As far as I see it Hickok45 taught me to shoot. Nutnfancy might be the most annoying human on the planet. The quote "I can drive like this(an a-hole), because I used to be a pilot" was the last straw before I unsubscribed from his channel.
    shockwave likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links