My Book review of Glock: The Rise of America's Gun

This is a discussion on My Book review of Glock: The Rise of America's Gun within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by slacking Glock is not so good. My friend, who knows literally everything about guns, says it's reallll ez to shoot yourself in ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: My Book review of Glock: The Rise of America's Gun

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slacking View Post
    Glock is not so good. My friend, who knows literally everything about guns, says it's reallll ez to shoot yourself in the leg or foot with a Glock if you're not being careful and also they sometimes explode for no reason.
    That's ridiculous! You can only shoot yourself in the leg if your gun is pointed there AND you pull the trigger.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slacking
    Glock is not so good. My friend, who knows literally everything about guns, says it's reallll ez to shoot yourself in the leg or foot with a Glock if you're not being careful and also they sometimes explode for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    That's ridiculous! You can only shoot yourself in the leg if your gun is pointed there AND you pull the trigger.
    whoa!!!! the same thing will happen with my H&K, AR-15, and GP100.....guess I better get rid of them too since I can shoot myself in the foot so easily
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Apparently your friend "Dont know squat!"
    Quote Originally Posted by slacking View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBarrett View Post
    I'm glad to make myself available for online conversation about GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun.

You can order the book at a nice discount for delivery Jan 10 here:
    Amazon.com: Glock: The Rise of America's Gun (9780307719935): Paul M. Barrett: Books

I'd also like to invite members of this web forum to upcoming book parties -- one in New York and one in Washington DC.

Jan 10 (Tues) @ 7pm at Book Court, 163 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY (in the heart of Cobble Hill)
    AND

Feb 4 (Sat) @ 6 pm at Politics & Prose, 5015 Connecticut Ave., NW, Washington DC

Friends, colleagues, and readers right off the street will be gathering to discuss GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun and lift a glass and have nosh. Please join Julie and me and all our wonderful pals at these two outstanding independent book stores.

All best & Happy New Year,
    Paul Barrett
    Author, GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun

In the reviews on Amazon there are several readers who noticed a very strong "anti-gun" bias in the book. Could you please comment on on those reviews? If there is some "left-wing, pro gun control" bias in the book, then it really does not interest me. I can get that from the news.

Could you please elaborate on it?

Do you support civilian ownership of magazines that exceed 10 rounds?
    Do you support any new gun control laws on a federal or state level? If so, what are they?
    Do you support a so called "assault weapons ban" in any way shape or form?
    Do you support any additional or current laws that restrict people from defending themselves, like repealing/restricting castle doctrine, stand your ground, high capacity mag posession, etc.?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ridge Runner; June 12th, 2012 at 06:23 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links