Local library doesn't have "In The Gravest Extreme" any other beginner CC books?

Local library doesn't have "In The Gravest Extreme" any other beginner CC books?

This is a discussion on Local library doesn't have "In The Gravest Extreme" any other beginner CC books? within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; New to CC and while looking around this fourm I found an old thread where other members sent their copy of books around to other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Local library doesn't have "In The Gravest Extreme" any other beginner CC books?

New to CC and while looking around this fourm I found an old thread where other members sent their copy of books around to other members, but this appears dead. I was wondering if some of you guys would be willing to give me a good list of books to further my education as I begin to CC or would any of you be kind enough to send their copys me to read and i will send back upon reading them? PM welcomed

Thanks in advance

VIP Member
    I think some folks have been passing it along among members here. I have no idea who has it,
    but you might try to do some searching and find out.

Also, Amazon has them new and used, and they aren't especially expensive.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Read "Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper...
    Hoganbeg and dV8r like this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Armed Response by David Kenik is a good read.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    You might put in a request to your local library for them to buy it and put it into circulation. It certainly has become more needed now than ever before.

You can find "In Gravest Extreme' in the store of the Armed Citizens legal Defense Network. Massad Ayoob is on the board and all of his books are available there. I recommend "Stressfire" as well.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

I was the recipient of one of the books, unfortunately it came in a postal envelope (more of a bag) with the remains of the original envelope and book. It looked like it had been dumped in a lake, then run through their mail sorting facilities wet. Needless to say that particular book (there was more than one copy) met the end of the line.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member
    PM me, I have a pretty old, beat up copy of "Gravest Extreme" just sittin in a drawer, be glad to send it to ya if you wanted.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Sadly, not only does our local library lack that fine publication, they also list Sixguns by Keith as a reference work, not to be checked out.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Also check out the concealed carry handgun manual. I believe David Bird wrote it. Its a good read for someone getting into cc.

My local libraries also do not have any of Ayoob's books.

The local Libaries are Government stores that only stock what the local and gouvement folks want them to stock. Google is your friend and has places to buy what you want and delivered to your address.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by weisej View Post
    New to CC and while looking around this fourm I found an old thread where other members sent their copy of books around to other members, but this appears dead. I was wondering if some of you guys would be willing to give me a good list of books to further my education as I begin to CC or would any of you be kind enough to send their copys me to read and i will send back upon reading them? PM welcomed

Thanks in advance
    Try Amazon, look for used for cheaper prices. Also try half priced books. I think their site is simply halfpricedbooks.com. Google will tell you for sure, though. I bought a book from halfpriced for $8 that normally sells for $30 new because it had a red mark on the bottom of the book.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

You should look at Mas' website: Massad ayoob, lethal force institute, ammunition sales, handgun ammunition, tactical gear His books are available here and "...Gravest Extreme" is available in paperback for about $12. Not a lot of cash and you get to keep it and not bring it back to the library. Plus there are a host of other good books by Mas and others. I, personally, found "The Snubby Revolver" by Ben Lovette to be an excellent book for little revolvers. Well written and a LOT of good information!

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I was the recipient of one of the books, unfortunately it came in a postal envelope (more of a bag) with the remains of the original envelope and book. It looked like it had been dumped in a lake, then run through their mail sorting facilities wet. Needless to say that particular book (there was more than one copy) met the end of the line.
    That must be where rode hard and put away wet came from.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links