Finally some good gun press!

This is a discussion on Finally some good gun press! within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off if this is posted in the wrong place feel free to move it. A friend sent this to me, its a report ordered ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By maxwell97

Thread: Finally some good gun press!

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar

Finally some good gun press!

First off if this is posted in the wrong place feel free to move it. A friend sent this to me, its a report ordered by O after the SandyHook shooting. But it puts a positive spin on defencive use of a gun by victims of crime.

STUDY: Using Guns for Defense Leads to Fewer Injuries - US News and World Report

DR

2. Remove Ads

Just remember that if you quote these studies you need to be sure to read the entire study, not just the bullet points that some reporters quote. In the report that was commissioned after Sandy Hook there are also several points for the anti crowd too so know your material both pro and con before quoting.

The report is about as close to being "unbiased" as we can get considering the source so make sure to read the whole thing so you don't get a surprise when the other points are thrown back at you.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I'm afraid it won't get much press, though. Doesn't fit the narrative.
    dben002 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    The worst I found was that guns are more likely to be used to kill ones self "If" theres a gun in the home! I know that the antis wont read it this way but thats like saying that people who live in tall buildings are more likely to jump to their deaths! Duh!

Links