Plus Shipping & Handling

This is a discussion on Plus Shipping & Handling within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will not mention the name of the book or the author but both are well known to firearm lovers. Four weeks ago I ran ...

Thread: Plus Shipping & Handling

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Plus Shipping & Handling

I will not mention the name of the book or the author but both are well known to firearm lovers.

Four weeks ago I ran across an offer to buy a book I wanted a copy of from the company ran by the author. The price of the book was only $7.95 and that was a good deal. Well, I called and ordered it.

Once ordering, I found the shipping was going to be more than the book price. OK, it is still a good deal over all so I placed the order.

Three weeks later, the books arrive by US Mail. Postage on the envelope showed $2.85.

Then I opened the package and found the book is not a book but like a small print pamplet. It is not even the paperback version of the book. While I am sure the reading is the same as in the larger versions, the print is so small, it almost requires a magnifying glass to read. There are no illustrations in the book as in the regular size books. So I guess I got what I paid for but feel ripped off on the shipping and handling charges.

I should have bought it locally from a book store and paid the regular price.

This posting is only to serve as a warning to others to make sure that what you are ordering is what you want.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a con job by a scammer.

Look on the bright side. Most people never bother to look both ways before crossing the street. The next time they cross a street they might get hit by a truck.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links