Honoring Bill Jordan...

Honoring Bill Jordan...

This is a discussion on Honoring Bill Jordan... within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to send my last copy of No Second Place Winner off to someone to read... ...I've read it for 40 years...and I believe ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Honoring Bill Jordan...

Honoring Bill Jordan...

I'm going to send my last copy of No Second Place Winner off to someone to read...
    ...I've read it for 40 years...and I believe every LEO who walks oughta read it at least once...so I'll ship my last copy to any LEO who hasn't and wants to read it...only condition being that when you've read it, you find another LEO and send it on...don't let it rot on a dusty shelf...

...who's first?

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Snub44, I had the pleasure of sitting in Bill's home and visiting with he and his wife many years ago. He was a wonderful man and I would have wanted him on my side in a bar fight or a gun fight. A person could not ask for a finer man to know.
    FlaRon, Aceoky, Bad Bob and 1 others like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

...never met him, guarded his home at night for years but never caught him out in the yard...one phone conversation won my heart...every time I read his book, I realize just how much of his teaching I incorporated into my life and taught to others...shame if the next generation loses it...

me? whoops, not LEO...dern it!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

...glad to send it to you...no takers from LEOs yet...PM me an address and it'll go out after Labor Day...

Sponsor

Thumbs up

Note: It is geared towards revolver shooting, not auto pistols. But still a GOOD READ by a famous Border Patrolman.
    Last edited by DRM; September 22nd, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I'd like to read it when you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Double post, sorry.

I gave my autographed copy to a friend some time back.

I got it in 1973 when we still carried revolvers for our duty weapons.

I bought a Jordan Border Patrol holster and carried a Model 19 though we were only allowed to carry .38 special ammo in it so I carried the 110 gr. Super Vel's.

His message and wisdom never goes out of style.
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Not an LEO either, but I'd love to read it. And I'd be glad to pass it along.

And I loved his column in Shooting Times!
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    I'm going to send my last copy of No Second Place Winner off to someone to read...
    ...I've read it for 40 years...and I believe every LEO who walks oughta read it at least once...so I'll ship my last copy to any LEO who hasn't and wants to read it...only condition being that when you've read it, you find another LEO and send it on...don't let it rot on a dusty shelf...

...who's first?
    I have an autographed copy , third edition, from 1965 .Yes, it is revolver centric but almost everything in it is applicable in the day of high capacity polymers . Mine talks about the "new" .41 Magnum. I sure love mine, book and .41 .
    Last edited by OD*; March 30th, 2014 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Repair quote

Sorry but don't know the fellow!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac31391 View Post
    Sorry but don't know the fellow!
    He was one of the all time - old time greats as a Border Patrolman, exhibition shooter and teacher. He had a great writing style - informative, concise, and entertaining all at the same time. I never met him but still have the book and break it out occasionally. Like the Good Book, the wisdom is just as valuable today as it was the day it was written.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    He was one of the all time - old time greats as a Border Patrolman, exhibition shooter and teacher. He had a great writing style - informative, concise, and entertaining all at the same time. I never met him but still have the book and break it out occasionally. Like the Good Book, the wisdom is just as valuable today as it was the day it was written.
    ^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

Never heard of him walking on water.
    Of course I never read where he tried either.

Everything I've ever read, suggests he was an icon, and a wonderful human being.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I pull out my copy every couple of years of so and re-read it. It's still worth the time spent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links