Has anyone seen Kelly McCann's "In the Crucible" series? - Page 2

Has anyone seen Kelly McCann's "In the Crucible" series?

This is a discussion on Has anyone seen Kelly McCann's "In the Crucible" series? within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm still waiting for my set to arrive....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone seen Kelly McCann's "In the Crucible" series?

Administrator
    I'm still waiting for my set to arrive.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks for the intel!

Gary

I just trained with Southnarc about three weeks ago. He was at a seminar with about 8 other trainers in Memphis. He is very good with the firearm and the knife. His background is law enforcement and was heavily involved in drug interdiction. The session he taught was pre-attack indicators and a default position as an automatic response to a close quarters attack. From this position, a response is generated that moves into counter attack by H2H/blade/firearm or flight, depending on the situation. His DVD "Fighting Handgun Volume 1" is the basis for combat handguns in the 0 to 8 foot distance.

Another DVD that I have coming to me is by Gabe Saurez and Marc Denny, "Die Less Often". This DVD combines Gabe's Close Range Gun fighting with Marc Denny’s H2H and Stick Work into a series of lesson on being a complete fighter rather than a gun fighter. The people I know that have reviewed this DVD have had nothing but high praise for it. I have had classes with both and they are no-nonsense instructors that do not believe in sacred cows.

If you decide to go to some additional training I high recommend any of these three instructors.

i just sat back and enjoyed the information flow. awesome really. i just wanted to add (hoping I'm not pushing the 'off topic' issue), having a lot of martial arts experience, - realistically, almost all fights end up on the ground -. grappling is where it really can decide the outcome. Gracie was the first to show boat it, but others quickly learned to sharpen their skills right there. my instructor had his, what i like to call the "flavor of the month" attitude when it came to styles. whether it was karate, kickboxing, savate, and/or even Filipino stick fighting, grappling was always a serious focus. i loved (and still do) the stick fighting the best though.
    What's this button do?

Hi Guys!

QKShooter was kind enought to loan me his set of the "In the Crucible" series. Thanks, QK!

These were by far the best training DVD's I've personally seen. (admittedly, I've seen less than a dozen others - so my basis for comparison is somewhat limited) This guy has a low key, down to earth "this is what works" approach that I find refreshing after training with a few folks who, shall we say, exhibit a bit too much testosterone? The focus wasn't at all about him - it was simply "this is what you need to learn, here is how you do it".

Sounds like a good series Ill have to check it out My buddie has one or 2 of them here ill steal them from him

I would rather put that much money towards a new gun or training.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I would rather put that much money towards a new gun or training.
    I do agree with the "training" part - you can never get too much. I also believe that these DVD's are WAY overpriced. However, I did learn a couple of things from McCann that I did not get from any prior training. Who knows, those little tidbits could be lifesavers at some future point...

If you haven't already got them, I'll toss out another recommendation for SouthNarc's DVD's. His Reverse-edge Methods Vol. II should be required viewing for anyone interested in self-defense. He gives the best lecture on "pre-fight" tactics that I've ever heard (I show this portion of the DVD in the self-defense classes I teach because he covers the material far better than I can).
    This volume also includes information on some basic hand-to-hand material (gun and knife defense, striking, etc.). Definately worth the money.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I use Goldstar video to rent most of my Martial Arts and some firearm DVDs. He charges $8.00 per month which is not too bad overall considering the cost of some of these sets. He has the Crucible series of videos available. Here's the link:

http://www.goldstarvideo.com/

By the way, I have no affiliation with him aside from being an occasional customer.
    A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.

CCW: Dan Wesson CBOB ~ Springfield Micro Compact ~ Rohrbaugh R9 Elite ~ S&W 442 ~ Cougar 8000 Model L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links