Does anyone belong to or get the USCCA magazine?

This is a discussion on Does anyone belong to or get the USCCA magazine? within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just as the title says, does anyone belong to USCCA or get their magazine? I've been getting emails (advertisements) from the for about a year. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Does anyone belong to or get the USCCA magazine?

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar

Does anyone belong to or get the USCCA magazine?

Just as the title says, does anyone belong to USCCA or get their magazine? I've been getting emails (advertisements) from the for about a year. I casually glance at them but haven't taken a closer look. I guess to me it seems like a lot for a magazine ($47/yr) but didn't know if the material in it might be worth it. Looks like you also can join the membership and get some insurance and the magazine starting at $127 /yr. Anyone a member?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs down

There is a poop load of ex members here at DC who were once a member of that outfit. It seems the Number 1 complaint was the constant jab to squeeze more moolah-dinero-Peso's-Yen-Pounds Sterling-dollars-gold or silver-buckaroo's-Canadian Maple Leaves out of the unsuspecting gun owning public. I for once wasn't caught up in their wallet depleting grand scam. I hope that answers your question.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I was a member and as NONAME762 says it was a constant barrage of emails wanting more money for one thing or another. There were times I'd get up to 5 emails a day. They like to tell you that by joining you get access to so much on their web page. Well I can see just about everything now that I could then. When it came time for my year to run out it got even worse with the email and regular mail. I finally had to tell them directly to leave me alone.

I also got tired of hearing so much about Tim, the founder. If it's like he wants to say all the time he envented just about evreything there is to do with cc.
    Eric357 and gatorbait51 like this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Thanks guys. That's what I needed to hear. I once was a member of a hunting club that did the same thing. The magazine and stuff was fine , but the constant wanting to give was enough to run me off. I appreciate your honesty. It will save me some headaches.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I was but got tired of the USCCA e-mail's filling up my inbox.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I get a lot of emails from them and I honestly don't know how or why. That's what made me wonder if they were any good or if the magazine was worth it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have an active USCCA membership..
    The Magazine is good and full of great info. After I read it, I pass it to my father inlaw who passes it along.
    Their insurance and it's coverage has gotten much better.
    The emails offereing this and that I just delete ;-)
    They have started working politically for CC and 2A issues.

Until I find an insurance that offers what USCCA does, or better for the same or less I will keep my membership.
    gatorbait51 and Eric357 like this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    [humor]You can get the magazine by itself as I understand it. You should do this. I write for it on occasion. If more people get subscriptions, they might pay me more to write for them. Not that I would suggest that as the only reason you should subscribe...well, actually, if that's all I got, yes, I would suggest that...[/humor]

Magazine content is reasonable for someone at the basic to low-intermediate level of study of counteroffensive gunfighting as I see it. They profile a gun-carrier in each issue and have some other things like briefs of actions like unto NRA magazine does. There's more gear review nowadays than I remember since they changed editors. Photo quality has improved, but photo support of article content has gone down a lot as well. That's what I see currently in it.
    gatorbait51 and Eric357 like this.
    My cats support the Second Amendment.

www.inshadowinlight.com

"Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

VIP Member
    The magazine used to be great. Then it took a significant turn for the worse. Not long after the magazine went to crap they decided you had to buy the insurance to be a member. I was a member for the magazine and the forum and wasn't interested so I left. My understanding is that the magazine has gotten better and that the forum is gone... so I can't even speak intelligently on the topic now. Though if you can just get the magazine without the crap I may sign up for that.
    Eric357 and gatorbait51 like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Until I find an insurance that offers what USCCA does.....
    Fool's gold. It offers absolutely nothing real.
    gatorbait51 and WINTEJER000 like this.

For help to deal with a shooting aftermath, I go with ACDLN. (I hope I remember that right; I occasionally mix up a letter position.)
    gatorbait51 likes this.

www.inshadowinlight.com

I believe that's ACLDN- Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Quote Originally Posted by bananapuppy View Post
    I believe that's ACLDN- Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
    See? Happens almost every time I write it.
    Eric357 and Echo_Four like this.

www.inshadowinlight.com

VIP Member
    FWIW, CR Williams was about 90% of the reason I liked the forum (as well as a guy named Chip that left long before I did). Since we have him here there's no need for "there" I suppose.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I renewed my membership recently. I believe I have a need for liability coverage to defend against criminal and civil legal difficulties that could occur from justifiably defending myself. Several items influenced this decision: USCCA has an A+ rating with the local Better Business Bureau. In over a year of reading this forum and many others devoted to firearms and self defense, I have not heard of one occasion in which an USCCA member was denied the benefits promised. USCCA has published a list of the amounts of money paid to help members involved in legal issues resulting from firearms use (this would be evidence of fraud if untrue). The magazine is about as good as those I sample at bookstores. The cost for an annual membership is not prohibitive - but the cost of a lawsuit certainly could be.

USCCA is an aggressive email marketer, but I receive less from them than I do from Amazon, Delta, Hilton, Hertz, etc. I delete any that are not of interest, however one mailing is actually a blog that has short articles that I generally enjoy.

I continue to look for a better solution for reducing the financial risk of carrying a pistol for self defense, and I will change to a better alternative if I find one. This is a pragmatic decision to spend a small amount to avoid a large loss. Each person needs to evaluate his own risk and find a solution that meets their needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links