Book Review: Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership

This is a discussion on Book Review: Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LAW, USE & OWNERSHIP by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. If you own a gun in Florida, or travel to Florida with your gun, GET THIS ...

Thread: Book Review: Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership

LAW, USE & OWNERSHIP by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq.
    If you own a gun in Florida, or travel to Florida with your gun, GET THIS BOOK, please. The statutes and laws are presented, and then translated from legalese to english. It will answere (for Florida) about 99% of the 'what if' and 'what would you do' questions presented in this forum.

Dan

1943 - 2009
    FYI, it's always a good idea to post a bookseller's address or a link to where someone can buy this book. Might want to include the price, also.

When youíre wounded and left on Afghanistanís plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Thanks Cap't Crunch. I was going to say the same thing. BTW, JD thanks for the heads up on this book. Have you read it? If so howz about a full review?

On a side note this book is in its 5th revision, and I see he offers free updates which is pretty cool.

~A

lil help for finding the book ($28.95)
    Last edited by APachon; February 28th, 2005 at 10:53 AM.
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

Oh, yeah, ...links and stuff--I suck. Sorry.
    www.FloridaFirearmsLaw.com
    My personal opinion, is, this book is without peer in presenting legalspeak with its english translation. The only grey areas are, well, grey areas. Some of these are what Mr. Gutmacher refers to as 'test cases'. One of the biggies is getting involved in unknown third party situations (read "pizza shop beating"). Not enough precedence set in Fla law to guarantee you aint goin to da big house yourself for getting involved to the point of a lethal force encounter. Hell, there's folks here doing stints for manslaughter/negligent homicide that I or any reasonable person would think was a righteous shoot.
    This book breaks laws AND thier respective court decisions down to a level even I can understand (no easy task). I read it through the first night I purchased it and have reviewed it for most of the 'what if' questions that appear on the forums I respond to. If you've got a question about anything firearms related in Florida, this book will have the answere IF IT has an answere with precedence set by the courts.
    If I were a state legislator, I would make it mandatory for each license issued to have this book issued as well. At the state's cost, of course. Its that important. So many people I speak with at ranges and training schools think they've got it covered with a pistol, holster and a class or two. Nothing could be more dangerous than a lack of knowledge in the matter of responsible and law abiding firearms ownership.
    The subtitle of the book is 'The Authoritative Guide That Explains Florida & Federal Laws on Firearms, Weapons, and SELF-DEFENSE ISSUES (emphasis mine). Again, I'll state that if you live in Florida, or visit Florida with a gun, please get this book.

Dan

Sounds like a good book wish someone would do it for most states so hard to rember everything

Sponsored Links