Oklahoma Carry

Oklahoma Carry

This is a discussion on Oklahoma Carry within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Check out my Oklahoma Carry board dealing with weapons issues unique to Oklahoma. http://oklahomacarry.proboards44.com/index.cgi...

Thread: Oklahoma Carry

Oklahoma Carry

Check out my Oklahoma Carry board dealing with weapons issues unique to Oklahoma. http://oklahomacarry.proboards44.com/index.cgi
    Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders. by Jerry VanCook

Here's a dumb question: If you are in Missouri, why do you run a board for Oklahoma? Just curious...

SSKC

Because I'm an Okie, and weapons ownership and carry is politically more secure in Oklahoma than in many, many other states. Consequently, no one has felt the need to create a sort of information clearinghouse/member hangout. The downside to this is that many people in Oklahoma are unknowledgeable about many issues that could become problems.

For instance, the impetus for my starting the message board was my discovery that the Director of the Oklahoma Department of Corrections had sought & received an Attorney General Opinion taking advantage of a conflict in state law concerning concealed weapons permit holders and state prison parking lots. Contrary to the Intent and plain language of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, and agency policy itself, the Director and AG have (I can't help but believe) colluded to deny citizens & employees their right to defend themselves so that inmates may still be allowed to roam the parking lots of state prisons unsupervised.

In other words, a thug's 'Right to Roam' trumps a citizen's Right to Life.

See the message board for the details.
    Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders. by Jerry VanCook

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by hankrearden2005
    Check out my Oklahoma Carry board dealing with weapons issues unique to Oklahoma.
    Be sure to take the "Related Links" link above (in the blue bar) and add your URL. :fing02:
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I'll do it!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hankrearden2005
    Because I'm an Okie, and weapons ownership and carry is politically more secure in Oklahoma than in many, many other states. Consequently, no one has felt the need to create a sort of information clearinghouse/member hangout. The downside to this is that many people in Oklahoma are unknowledgeable about many issues that could become problems.
    Well...good for you! It's always good to see someone step up to fill a need. Congratulations on a great attitude!

SSKC

Links