Announcing new book: American Thinking

This is a discussion on Announcing new book: American Thinking within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Early Feedback: It started slow but the definitions and analysis will definitely benefit my AP Students in American Government next year. I'd get fired if ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcing new book: American Thinking

Early Feedback: It started slow but the definitions and analysis will definitely benefit my AP Students in American Government next year. I'd get fired if I made it a required reading but I was wondering if I could do a minor extraction of THAT portion for notes?

I've gotten into the arena of sheepdog-dom and find the reading is fast, pleasant and INSPIRING!

One very fast way to detect how I like a book is to look at it and see the highlights, border notes and adhesive page markers I place inside. I've been doing this since I went to law school over 20 years ago and it's stuck ever since. Anything I hate has NO highlights or notes! I'm thinking I might buy extra copies as Christmas presents!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Thank you. Don't get fired. You can "do a minor extraction of THAT portion"... Please cite your source.

Thank you again!
    Frank Borelli
    My books on Kindle
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum"
    I think, therefore I am armed.

Guys? Was it THAT bad?
    Frank Borelli
    My books on Kindle

Frank, don't panic. I think the overall assessment is as I put in my letter to you. The book is aimed at Law Enforcement and is a superb reference....for THEM. It was billed as being something that it did not deliver for the ordinary American. It was billed as being also a work of philosophy and viewpoint:

"SUSTAINING THE WARRIOR VALUES THAT MADE AMERICA STRONG....AND STILL CAN!"

To me that suggests a motivating factor to fire up the American people to regain the HONOR and self empowerment this country gained in it's early formation but somehow lost in subsequent generations with a near fatal infusion of liberalism. In this, the book fell flat on it's face. Good examples of what I'm speaking of in some of the works by the late Jeff Cooper: "To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth." or even his book of quotations and observations of life: "The Gargantuan Gunsite Gossip" volumes I & II.

You get awesome and excellent observations on tactics but there is a uniquely American viewpoint filtered thru the eyes of a man who is arguably an American Hero. A hero who has consorted with MANY heroes. Looking at our world through their eyes is an amazing experience and has the potential to change the status quo if a slightly modified mindset (or worldview) could adopted by enough folks.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

ExSoldier:
    Thank you for the feedback. You're not the first person to observe that is is more aimed toward military & LE than the "average" person. Still, you're the first person who said it "fell flat on its face." Rest assured that in book two, and yes it is in the works, I am making sure that everything included is suitable to the AVERAGE American and not just those who work in a uniform.

And please, sir... tell me that the "man who is arguably an American Hero" you refer to is NOT me. I'm just another man who has served, doesn't know when to stay quiet and knows how to type.
    Frank Borelli
    My books on Kindle

Wink You misunderstand....

Quote Originally Posted by frankborelli View Post
    ExSoldier:
    Thank you for the feedback. You're not the first person to observe that is is more aimed toward military & LE than the "average" person. Still, you're the first person who said it "fell flat on its face." Rest assured that in book two, and yes it is in the works, I am making sure that everything included is suitable to the AVERAGE American and not just those who work in a uniform.

And please, sir... tell me that the "man who is arguably an American Hero" you refer to is NOT me. I'm just another man who has served, doesn't know when to stay quiet and knows how to type.
    You didn't read carefully enough. I said it fell flat on it's face in ONLY one aspect: Philosophy of a warrior aimed to energize the average American civilian. In that alone...(HEAR ME?) it fell flat on it's face. It's a great resource for LEOs and the military. There is a lot of useful stuff for civilians in the way of tactics, but motivational patriotism is a difficult concept to communicate especially to folks suffering from the mental programming of the public schools. Try again.

The American Hero to which I referred was The Late Jeff Cooper. An American Legend. Too unassuming to ever willingly assume the mantle of "Hero" or even that of a "warrior." IMHO, he was both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links