What gun magazines do you subscribe to and why?

This is a discussion on What gun magazines do you subscribe to and why? within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; America's First Freedom on my Life NRA membership; GUNS; GUNS & AMMO and COMBAT HANDGUNS. I love the photography and articles in all of them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What gun magazines do you subscribe to and why?

America's First Freedom on my Life NRA membership; GUNS; GUNS & AMMO and COMBAT HANDGUNS. I love the photography and articles in all of them and I find COMBAT HANDGUNS has some really VALUABLE info pertinent to self defense as well. I also look forward to the gun reviews although I don't usually take them as "gospel."
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I have no subscriptions for gun rags, but I'll occasionally buy American Handgunner, Guns Magazine, and rarely G&A Handguns if it's a really good issue.

I'm not too keen on gun magazines. The "American Rifleman comes with my NRA membership. I like "Rifle" and "Handloader". The rest are ads.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I get get Combat carry mailed to me and then pick up the odd G&A or Shotgun news, special weapons depending on the articles. Shotgun news sometimes has interesting indepth artilces on old firearms, a good one was on Boer war Mausers.

NRA lifer, so I get the rifleman but usually I just read the mags at krogers while the wife shops. The one I buy the most is Combat Handguns

I used to take "Handguns" but frankly year to year each issue was almost identical so I don't bother any more.

Another article by Ayoob, another ballistics test for 9mm v. 45, another list of 10 best this that or the other, some self proclaimed expert telling us all why Cocked and Locked is evil...blah blah blah.

Now I get all my rehashed stupid opinions off of internet forums for free. :D
    "Friend, I would not harm thee for all the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot."--Unknown Quaker

Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, Combat Handgun, Swat, Americas 1st Freedom, Police, Woman and Guns, Shooting Illustrated, Soldier of Fortune.

Precision Shooting and the American Rifleman. The American Rifleman is pretty much my idea of what a gun rag should be. Precision Shooting is occasionally useful/interesting for my competitive benchrest hobby. I'd get SAR if I cared about MGs. Most of the rest of the gun rags stink IMO, and the Internet is superior to them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links