Nra Ppoth Dvd ?

Nra Ppoth Dvd ?

This is a discussion on Nra Ppoth Dvd ? within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When is the NRA PPOTH DVD hitting the streets ? - how to carry (clothing, holsters, etc) - how to draw from concealment - Awareness ...

Thread: Nra Ppoth Dvd ?

Nra Ppoth Dvd ?

When is the NRA PPOTH DVD hitting the streets ?
    - how to carry (clothing, holsters, etc)
    - how to draw from concealment
    - Awareness
    - Overarching overview of Federal laws with "examples" (both ends of the extremes) State laws and local laws
    - Front Sight and Point shooting
    - etc

NRA has video for Basic Firearms and PPITH.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Filming took place end of August 2007. One of the DC members on this board is actually the Hollywood Star actor/ Instructor for the Students/victims who actually are Pro-actors. Both of the actors had been on Americas Most Wanted.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

There has been a lot of discussion about the NRA video... it is likely to be the most realistic one they've ever put out through internal production, in terms of practical defensive information.

The co-branded series that I'm doing with the NRA will also feature a Defensive us of Firearms in Public title... out in 2008.

See this thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=31476

-RJP

Mr. Pincus,
    Differn't DVD. The Dvd in this thread is the DVD that directly supports the NRA's new course Personal Protection Outside the Home course or PPOTH.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion about the NRA video... it is likely to be the most realistic one they've ever put out through internal production, in terms of practical defensive information.

The co-branded series that I'm doing with the NRA will also feature a Defensive us of Firearms in Public title... out in 2008.

See this thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=31476

-RJP
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Understood.. That's what I was talking about in the first statement I made:

"Originally Posted by Rob Pincus :
    There has been a lot of discussion about the NRA video... it is likely to be the most realistic one they've ever put out through internal production, in terms of practical defensive information."

I should've made it more clear that the follow-on thought was about the series I'm doing in cooperation with NRA. Sorry for any confusion.

Gotcha,
    PS that was a a really good video. Figure 8 drill is kind of neat and I have been incorporating that in some other training, and most of the stuff was very enjoyable, and easily understood. I formally disagree with you on the directions of magazines, but thats what makes this country great we agree to disagree, to each his own. Over all a job very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post
    Understood.. That's what I was talking about in the first statement I made:

I should've made it more clear that the follow-on thought was about the series I'm doing in cooperation with NRA. Sorry for any confusion.

THanks for the feedback... I don't want to hijack this thread anymore, but you'll be happy to know at least one of these things:

1. In the new video we taped today for the series, I taugh a higher evolution of the Figure 8 Drill.

2. In the next video you'll receive I explain the reasons why the bio-mechanics support "bullets back"... of course, I make it clear that I understand repition has made the benefits not worth the trouble for most shooters already practiced in "bullets forward"..

**** If anyone else would like to discuss the PDV Series, please do so in the other thread*****

-RJP

When is the NRA PPOTH DVD hitting the streets ?
    - how to carry (clothing, holsters, etc)
    - how to draw from concealment
    - Awareness
    - Overarching overview of Federal laws with "examples" (both ends of the extremes) State laws and local laws
    - Front Sight and Point shooting
    - etc

Body mechanics do not support the 'bullets to the back' position. That said, I'd be interested in what you have that is more repeatable under stress (read: better) than a body-indexed reload with no half-twist in the process.

Randy

Links