The New Florida Self-Defense Law is on the Books

This is a discussion on The New Florida Self-Defense Law is on the Books within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; and in the Main Book: Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq. If you do a search for this book title ...

Thread: The New Florida Self-Defense Law is on the Books

The New Florida Self-Defense Law is on the Books

and in the Main Book: Florida Firearms
    Law, Use & Ownership by Jon H. Gutmacher, Esq.

If you do a search for this book title here, you will find a review I did of it earlier in the year. One of the points I made was the Jon keeps up with the changes by making updates to laws available to print and where to insert them in your copy of the book.
    And for those of you who got your book, go to
    http://www.floridafirearmslaw.com/faq001.shtml
    and get your update and translation from Jon's site. The link here gets you to the pdf version/update, along with a page to check out his other topics.

Dan

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Oh for FL carry statutes - everywhere <sigh> !
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

The media and of course the Brady Bunch and others of their ilk have issued public announcements "warning" tourists that they face a greater danger of assault, murder, mayhem, ad nauseum when travelling to FL due to the new law. They never stop, do they?

Michigan is working on a version of this law. Right now it is working its way through all the "Blood in the streets" garbage we had to hear when we were fighting to get the CCW law passed. I sure hope we can overcome the PC crap and put a well written version of this law in the books for us here.
    Shoot well and be safe

-Don

"The trouble with our liberal friends are not that they're ignorant: It's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Fight hard for it Greymoor. The more states that copy the FL law, the more we should be able to get. It should get easier as we go. In Oregon, the right to carry is under constant assault from the "Blue" portion of the state in the north. To propose a law similar to FL would really raise the roof here. Although in OR you are not required to flee your home or property if threatened, on the street I think it's a different story.

New Florida Law

You can bet your boots the "Brady Bunch" are really worried about this new law. I had the opportunity to visit Florida in November, on business, and was handed a pamphlet in the airport terminal. Basically, they are saying "do not get into any confrontation, avoid eye contact, drive sensible, etc. That'll be a tough lesson for many in Florida, but I like the law.

The anti-gun propaganda is interesting. But as usual, the left always leaves out one rather important piece of information.

The only people that the Florida gun laws place in any danger are criminals.

So, the only "tourist" that should fear coming to this state would be those of a criminal persuasion.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Our legislature just now convening here in the state of Misery, there is supposed to be a similar type bill introduced; I think it may be in a subcommittee now. And yea there is already the Brady bunch out there with the “BLOOD IN THE STREETS” Barbara Streisand.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge
    You can bet your boots the "Brady Bunch" are really worried about this new law. I had the opportunity to visit Florida in November, on business, and was handed a pamphlet in the airport terminal. Basically, they are saying "do not get into any confrontation, avoid eye contact, drive sensible, etc. That'll be a tough lesson for many in Florida, but I like the law.
    At first I was incensed like everybody else, but then I thought that it was the best thing they could do to support our cause. They told visitors not to use their hands in a region where half the population uses their hands to talk and so much that italians look like they are in a coma! I am sure that after a couple of hours in South Florida watching how people gestured and talked loud in at least three different languages and no firefights broke out did wonders for the credibility of the Brady Bunch.
    If anything, we did not use the race card against HCI. Somebody should have come out and dennounce them for saying that people that gesticulate while talking are violent!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Links