Preparation books?

Preparation books?

This is a discussion on Preparation books? within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have picked up one by SloFlAuthor (well I am still waiting for it to come in) and wanted to know if anyone else had ...

Preparation books?

I have picked up one by SloFlAuthor (well I am still waiting for it to come in) and wanted to know if anyone else had picked up any other good books for preparing for natural disasters and such?

Senior Moderator
    The best preparation book on the market for natural disasters has been printed for over 700 years. It is called the Bible.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Even if you don't agree with his reasons, this guy has a really good prep list...Not exactly a book, but better than many books I have seen.

Peak Oil: Life After the Oil Crash

It also has links on the left side to many other disaster preparedness books.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    I have picked up one by SloFlAuthor (well I am still waiting for it to come in) and wanted to know if anyone else had picked up any other good books for preparing for natural disasters and such?

I recently picked up Amazon.com: Build the Perfect Survival Kit: John D. McCann: Books .

It is the first book of this type that I've read and I haven't finished it yet but so far, I've found it useful.

Just got my What to do 'Til the Cavalry Comes today. Looks great so far. I just thought I should go ahead and build up a little more of a library. There are always good ideas around.

Administrator
    The little paper back book issued to every solider in basic training has tons of good info in it. A lot of it pertains to military life only, but it has plenty of basic survival info. Any decent Army/Navy store will have one.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    The best preparation book on the market for natural disasters has been printed for over 700 years. It is called the Bible.
    I must have missed the chapters about purifying water and alternate energy sources.

Point me in the right direction, here.....

Senior Moderator
    The mental preparation occurs before the physical preparation.

Being prepared for everything and not being prepared mentally wont do much good in the long run.

The odds are with the man that is both mentally,spiritually and physically prepared.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    check the "Disaster Preparedness" forum at GetOffTheX lots of great info for free.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Check the Bookshelf over at SurvivalBlog.com.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Links