New Combat Handguns Magazine

This is a discussion on New Combat Handguns Magazine within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mas wrote most of the articles. He has a nice article on the new Sig 250. It is interesting to me that 3 of my ...

Thread: New Combat Handguns Magazine

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar

New Combat Handguns Magazine

Mas wrote most of the articles. He has a nice article on the new Sig 250. It is interesting to me that 3 of my former wrestlers who have returned from Iraq have purchased this handgun. I'm putting 4 high cap mags away for one in case I decide to buy one for my oldest son.

2. Remove Ads

I just bought that issue and I thought it was an interesting article as well.

Any idea why more Iraq Vets are buying the P250? Did they use them over in the sand box for some reason?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I'm looking at the May 2009 edition of "Combat Handguns" and his Self Defense and the Law article is about lights and lasers.

I've been on the fence regarding the laser and went to the Night Sights for Autoloaders only a few years ago. I guess Mas' article on the lasers and lights is what prompted me to post my thread regarding lasers, as I'm strongly considering them. If I have pants on, I have a flashlight too.

Mr. Threefeathers, if you have a moment, I'd love to read your views on lasers. If I wasn't on a Single Action Autoloader "kick" and more specifically a Hi Power one at that, I'd strongly consider the new Sig. What can I say, I'm just old school. Heck, I feel fine packing three wheelies, and was even against the 1911 although I've carried one in the past. I guess people were right when they told me my "issues" were a training matter.

I got over it when I went to FLETC and had them teach me how to hold an Autoloader. By learning their method of holding a "bottomfeeder" I saw that the issues I had previously could be avoided. Now, if my agency ever decides to tell us what we can carry on our own time I'm in real trouble because right now I'm favoring the Single Actions, and probably will for a couple of years, over all other platforms.

Not to worry, I still shoot my revolvers and lone Block frequently too, just to keep in shape with all the platforms I own. Man, I'm really looking forward to LFI.

Biker

PS: The smart guy or gal would be stocking up on ammo and magazines right about now. That's just my opinion, but I see really "dark" days ahead.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Bikerrn, I'm going to come up to LFI for a day or two if it is ok with Mas and help run the ranges, or pick up garbage. So we'll meet. I'm trying to talk Stephan A. Camp into going also so we'll see.

Lasers have a definate place, especially in a defensive home situation where you are under cover. They are perfect for a spouse who isn't really familiar with weapons. They are also perfect for firing when wounded and you can aim at the dot.
    But, a cavaet, in a quick gunfight a person with a laser will often waste time looking for the dot when they would be better served looking at a quick flash sight picture and firing.
    So, I'm going to put a Crimson Trace laser on my wife's J Frame that she would use at night or defending herself when I'm traveling.

I'll probably put a laser on a Glock that I will use at night. I doubt I'll put one on my P2K when they become avalible.

I carry a Surefire E2 flashlight all the time and I know how to use it.

Mr. Threefeathers,

Thank you sir for your reply. I opened my wallet this morning and let the mothballs out. I broke down and ordered a set of laser grips for the Hi Power.

Wow, I look forward to meeting you at LFI. I have a lot to learn, and try to take advantage of the knowledge of others, to shorten my learning curve.

Biker

Links