Another fictional SHTF book

Another fictional SHTF book

This is a discussion on Another fictional SHTF book within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This book is coming out this Wednsday, April 8th in its newest printing. It is a fictional novel written by James Wesely Rawles of survivalblog.com. ...

Thumbs up Another fictional SHTF book

This book is coming out this Wednsday, April 8th in its newest printing. It is a fictional novel written by James Wesely Rawles of survivalblog.com.

Amazon.com: Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse: James Wesley Rawles: Books

This book is predicated on a TEOTWAKI brought about by an economic collapse. Somewhat prophetic maybe? (especially since he originally wrote it like 10 or 15 years ago)

Anyway, it is more than just a novel, it is a sort of training manual for prepping and surviving tough times. Real tough times. Jim melds real world tactics, strategies and knowledge into the fictional story. It's a great read and is also very informative as a reference material. In an introductory way, it covers everything from commo and sending coded messages, to defensive positions, to small group tactics, to light aircraft.

Tomorrow is the release on Amazon and he is hoping to get a lot of orders to drive the book up the charts. I loaned my copy out to a friend about two years ago and never got it back, so I'm gonna order another one. If your interested in this genre, this is probably the best book there is. IMO. Some parts are a bit over the top, but hey, it's fiction, and it certainly does make you think, What if?

I have no interest and am not affiliated with Jim or the book in any way, other than the fact that I have read it and read his blog occasionally. He did have a link to this site in a piece on concealed carry, submitted by a reader last week.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

It is a great book, I am currently in the process of reading a previous release.

Like sgtD says it is a bit over the top at times but it has an "entertainment value" to it as well.

If you read between the lines there are some gear and procedural tips in the book that you can uncover as well.

Be Safe

NosaM

I'll have to get a copy, Thanks.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    I'll have to get a copy, Thanks.
    Ditto
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Message from James Wesley Rawles posted at survivalblog.com - RE:1st day book sales, wishing to thank those who placed orders.

"I am pleased to report that yesterday's Book Bomb Day (April 8th) for "Patriots: A Novel Survival in the Coming Collapse" resulted in more than 2,000 book orders from Amazon.com, and drove the novel's Amazon sales Bestsellers rank up to #6 (overall), #1 in Thrillers, and #1 in Contemporary Fiction. BTW, the #6 rank is respectable, considering that 3 of the 5 books ranked higher than "Patriots" are mega-sellers that are being driven by the very popular Twilight movie. It even edged out Oprah's current touchy-feely favorite."
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Links