"Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places"
This is a great resource and a way to start thinking about the next phase of life....
AVOIDING AND MITIGATING STRATEGIC THREATS THROUGH RELOCATION
What follows are some excerpts from a new book "Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places" by David Kupelian. The following are the major threats we will face in the next 20 years:
1. NATURAL DISASTERS (storms, tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, earth changes) 2. HEALTH THREATS (air pollution, water quality, disease, bad nutrition, establishment medical control or suppression of viable alternatives) 3. CRIME, SOCIAL UNREST (riot, criminal activity, racial/class conflict) 4. ECONOMIC DISASTER (depression, speculation, market manipulation, controls, shortages, excess regulation, unnatural growth) 5. WAR, TERRORISM, INVASION (nuclear, biological, chemical threats; terrorism, refugees, invasion) 6. GOVERNMENT INTRUSION UPON LIBERTY. (conspiracy for control, intrusions upon privacy, property rights, liberty, self-defense. Also, religious persecution and values control through education and media propaganda)
Below are listed some cities that rank as the most dangerous in terms of some of these threats:
WORST 25 METRO AREAS FOR CRIME:
1. Miami, Fl
2. Baton Rouge, La
3. New York, NY
4. Tallahassee, Fl
5. Los Angeles, Ca
6. Jacksonville, Fl
7. Gainesville, Fl
8. New Orleans, La
9. Little Rock, Ar.
10 Jackson, Tn
11. Tampa/Clearwater, Fl.
12 West Palm Beach, Fl
13. Baltimore/Washington DC, Md
14 Albuquerque, Nm
15. Chicago, Il
16. Dallas, Tx
17. Lakeland/Winter Haven, Fl
18. Charlotte, NC
19. Pueblo, Co
20. Fresno, Ca
21. Flint, Mi
22. Jersey City, NJ
23. Kansas City, Ks, Mo
24. Orlando, Fl
25. Riverside, Ca.
THE TOP 5 MOST DANGEROUS METRO AREAS FOR EARTHQUAKES:
1. Mexico City, Mexico
2. San Francisco/Oakland
3. Los Angeles basin, Ca.
4. Anchorage, Ak
5. Seattle Wa.
THE TOP 10 MOST DANGEROUS NUCLEAR TARGETS IN OR NEAR A METRO AREA (there are several other primary targets not listed that are not near a major metro)
1. Washington DC /and related bases (major command and control for the President)
2. Colorado Springs, Co (Cheyenne Mtn Control Center, 2 space command/comm bases)
3. Omaha, Ne (secondary command and control bases)
4. Seattle, Wa. (Trident Missile Sub base and numerous Naval Bases)
5. Jacksonville Fl/Kings Bay Ga. (Trident Missile Sub base, Major East Coast Naval Center)
6. San Diego, Ca (largest west coast naval complex)
7. Norfolk, Va (major east coast naval complex)
8. Kansas City, Mo (Whiteman AFB, B-2 nuclear bombers)
9. Cheyenne, Wy (Warren AFB, Minute Man and Peacekeeper MX missiles)
10. Great Falls, Mt (Malmstrom AFB --Minute Man missiles)
Now for some good news: Here are current ratings for the:
TOP 10 MODERATE GROWTH, MEDIUM SIZED METRO AREAS that are relatively safe from strategic threats, or where you have a good chance of mitigating those threats. This are not the best areas, but the areas where most people who need to stay in the job markets will find medium term security:
1. Boise, Id
2. Provo-Orem, Ut
3. Beaverton, Oregon
4. Santa Rosa, Ca
5. Greenville, Sc
6. Winston-Salem/High Point, NC
7. Austin-San Marcos, Tx
8. Grand Rapids, Mi
9. Reno, Nv
10. Madison, Wi.
For those of you on a tight budget, here are the TOP 10 MOST ECONOMICAL STATES to live.
These ratings take into consideration overall taxes, housing, and cost of living. These ratings also exclude most large metro areas, where costs are much higher than the state average.
4. Texas (except Dallas Metroplex)
5. West Virginia
7. South Carolina
SOME STATES WITH TAX ADVANTAGES: This doesn't tell the whole tax story since all states collect a lot of taxes. However, a person whose financial structure or income structure is different from the average person can take advantage of this by living in a state which doesn't tax his particular form of income or spending patterns. There are more details in the book, "Strategic Relocation"
STATES WITH NO INCOME TAX: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire (but has 5% tax on div/int) , So. Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming.
STATES WITH NO SALES TAX: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon,
STATES WITH NO INCOME OR SALES TAXES, BUT HIGH PROPERTY TAXES: Alaska, New Hampshire.
STATES WHO SHARE A BORDER WITH NO SALES TAX/NO INCOME TAX STATE: In these states, you can live in a no income tax state and shop across the border in a no sales tax state:
Washington/Oregon Wyoming/Montana So. Dakota/Montana
As you can see, it can be rather enjoyable or frustrating doing this kind of analysis, depending upon where you presently reside.
Proximity of the FL State Prisons (3)
Horrific Spree Killer Danny Rolling is probably fresh in their minds but the real reason I didn't want my daughter to go to UF (besides the commies who teach there) is the proximity of the three major FL prisons in the area. When the cons get sprung and they want fresh, easy meat they head for Gainesville. The dirty little secret for both Tallahassee and Gainesville is the sky high incidence of forcible rape.
Originally Posted by retsupt99
Can't account for the capital (there are theories but I don't want to speculate since I don't KNOW) but UF is definitely the prisons. The dirty secret is the fact that the police reports for each university are carefully "sanitized" before being made public so as not to scare off the parents. I think the universities were sanctioned for this several times, but the money is just too good to allow the ugly truth out there. Ya gotta DIG.
America's republic militia
I was reading this site and it was very promising.
America's Republic Militia preface