"Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places"

"Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places"

This is a discussion on "Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places" within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a great resource and a way to start thinking about the next phase of life.... AVOIDING AND MITIGATING STRATEGIC THREATS THROUGH RELOCATION What ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation "Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places"

This is a great resource and a way to start thinking about the next phase of life....

AVOIDING AND MITIGATING STRATEGIC THREATS THROUGH RELOCATION

What follows are some excerpts from a new book "Strategic Relocation--North American Guide to Safe Places" by David Kupelian. The following are the major threats we will face in the next 20 years:

1. NATURAL DISASTERS (storms, tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, earthquakes, earth changes) 2. HEALTH THREATS (air pollution, water quality, disease, bad nutrition, establishment medical control or suppression of viable alternatives) 3. CRIME, SOCIAL UNREST (riot, criminal activity, racial/class conflict) 4. ECONOMIC DISASTER (depression, speculation, market manipulation, controls, shortages, excess regulation, unnatural growth) 5. WAR, TERRORISM, INVASION (nuclear, biological, chemical threats; terrorism, refugees, invasion) 6. GOVERNMENT INTRUSION UPON LIBERTY. (conspiracy for control, intrusions upon privacy, property rights, liberty, self-defense. Also, religious persecution and values control through education and media propaganda)

Below are listed some cities that rank as the most dangerous in terms of some of these threats:

WORST 25 METRO AREAS FOR CRIME:
    1. Miami, Fl
    2. Baton Rouge, La
    3. New York, NY
    4. Tallahassee, Fl
    5. Los Angeles, Ca
    6. Jacksonville, Fl
    7. Gainesville, Fl
    8. New Orleans, La
    9. Little Rock, Ar.
    10 Jackson, Tn
    11. Tampa/Clearwater, Fl.
    12 West Palm Beach, Fl
    13. Baltimore/Washington DC, Md
    14 Albuquerque, Nm
    15. Chicago, Il
    16. Dallas, Tx
    17. Lakeland/Winter Haven, Fl
    18. Charlotte, NC
    19. Pueblo, Co
    20. Fresno, Ca
    21. Flint, Mi
    22. Jersey City, NJ
    23. Kansas City, Ks, Mo
    24. Orlando, Fl
    25. Riverside, Ca.
    THE TOP 5 MOST DANGEROUS METRO AREAS FOR EARTHQUAKES:
    1. Mexico City, Mexico
    2. San Francisco/Oakland
    3. Los Angeles basin, Ca.
    4. Anchorage, Ak
    5. Seattle Wa.

THE TOP 10 MOST DANGEROUS NUCLEAR TARGETS IN OR NEAR A METRO AREA (there are several other primary targets not listed that are not near a major metro)
    1. Washington DC /and related bases (major command and control for the President)
    2. Colorado Springs, Co (Cheyenne Mtn Control Center, 2 space command/comm bases)
    3. Omaha, Ne (secondary command and control bases)
    4. Seattle, Wa. (Trident Missile Sub base and numerous Naval Bases)
    5. Jacksonville Fl/Kings Bay Ga. (Trident Missile Sub base, Major East Coast Naval Center)
    6. San Diego, Ca (largest west coast naval complex)
    7. Norfolk, Va (major east coast naval complex)
    8. Kansas City, Mo (Whiteman AFB, B-2 nuclear bombers)
    9. Cheyenne, Wy (Warren AFB, Minute Man and Peacekeeper MX missiles)
    10. Great Falls, Mt (Malmstrom AFB --Minute Man missiles)

Now for some good news: Here are current ratings for the:

TOP 10 MODERATE GROWTH, MEDIUM SIZED METRO AREAS that are relatively safe from strategic threats, or where you have a good chance of mitigating those threats. This are not the best areas, but the areas where most people who need to stay in the job markets will find medium term security:

1. Boise, Id
    2. Provo-Orem, Ut
    3. Beaverton, Oregon
    4. Santa Rosa, Ca
    5. Greenville, Sc
    6. Winston-Salem/High Point, NC
    7. Austin-San Marcos, Tx
    8. Grand Rapids, Mi
    9. Reno, Nv
    10. Madison, Wi.

For those of you on a tight budget, here are the TOP 10 MOST ECONOMICAL STATES to live.

These ratings take into consideration overall taxes, housing, and cost of living. These ratings also exclude most large metro areas, where costs are much higher than the state average.
    1. Arkansas
    2. Alabama
    3. Louisiana
    4. Texas (except Dallas Metroplex)
    5. West Virginia
    6. Oklahoma
    7. South Carolina
    8. Mississippi
    9. Wisconsin
    10. Tennessee

SOME STATES WITH TAX ADVANTAGES: This doesn't tell the whole tax story since all states collect a lot of taxes. However, a person whose financial structure or income structure is different from the average person can take advantage of this by living in a state which doesn't tax his particular form of income or spending patterns. There are more details in the book, "Strategic Relocation"

STATES WITH NO INCOME TAX: Alaska, Florida, Nevada, New Hampshire (but has 5% tax on div/int) , So. Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wyoming.
    STATES WITH NO SALES TAX: Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, Oregon,
    STATES WITH NO INCOME OR SALES TAXES, BUT HIGH PROPERTY TAXES: Alaska, New Hampshire.
    STATES WHO SHARE A BORDER WITH NO SALES TAX/NO INCOME TAX STATE: In these states, you can live in a no income tax state and shop across the border in a no sales tax state:

Washington/Oregon Wyoming/Montana So. Dakota/Montana
    As you can see, it can be rather enjoyable or frustrating doing this kind of analysis, depending upon where you presently reside.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

VIP Member
    Great post. Very informative. There is always a trade off between solid economic opportunity and the relative seclusion of low density population. I would have put East Central Iowa and Eastern Iowa on the list for personal safety until I read about Omaha and Kansas City being targets for nuclear attack. Still, the game will be over if either of those two are attacked. Russia is the only power with that capability, and if we get into a hot one with what is left of Russia there won't be anything left worth surviving for. So with that in mind,
    I'm a big fan of MO, IA, MN, Arkansas, so long as one stays away from the crime ridden big city areas.

Austin-San Marcos is an economic growth area, but it is now unbelievably congested. I-35 is a nightmare to drive on, as are many of the roads which are found in the Austin area.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Crap - and here I am sandwiched right between Cheyenne and Co' Springs.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

You don't have to wonder about why I call most of the larger cities in FL...'extra mag' cities.

I'm curious as to why Gainesville is #7 on the list unless it's Government Intursion Upon Liberty...the town is ultra-liberal., but we still like the area here.
    If I could sell my house and convince my wife , I'd probably choose to live in the Ozarks of AR...doubt it will ever happen.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wink Proximity of the FL State Prisons (3)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You don't have to wonder about why I call most of the larger cities in FL...'extra mag' cities.

I'm curious as to why Gainesville is #7 on the list
    Horrific Spree Killer Danny Rolling is probably fresh in their minds but the real reason I didn't want my daughter to go to UF (besides the commies who teach there) is the proximity of the three major FL prisons in the area. When the cons get sprung and they want fresh, easy meat they head for Gainesville. The dirty little secret for both Tallahassee and Gainesville is the sky high incidence of forcible rape.

Can't account for the capital (there are theories but I don't want to speculate since I don't KNOW) but UF is definitely the prisons. The dirty secret is the fact that the police reports for each university are carefully "sanitized" before being made public so as not to scare off the parents. I think the universities were sanctioned for this several times, but the money is just too good to allow the ugly truth out there. Ya gotta DIG.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Nuke Targets:

2. Colorado Springs, Co (Cheyenne Mtn Control Center, 2 space command/comm bases)
    About 15 miles east of me. When the Nukes go, I go. Simple, fast and easy. Other than that, we're in great shape.

Nice list, Ex! Thanks!

Nice post--thanks!

Maine is pretty remote. I hardly think anyone would nuke us, unless they missed bigtime, lol.

cool post. Great info.

America's republic militia

I was reading this site and it was very promising.
    America's Republic Militia preface

Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    Nice post--thanks!

Maine is pretty remote. I hardly think anyone would nuke us, unless they missed bigtime, lol.
    Or there's something we just don't "know" about.....

(Sorry, couldn't help it...)

But in all seriousness thank you sir. I saw a list like this when I was a teenager and it was interesting, but didn't really hit me. Now that I'm old enough to have NO control over where I live it seriously seems so much more pertinent.
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Tennessee should be on the listing of states with no state income tax as well.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

1943 - 2009
    Northwest Montana (Flathead, Lincoln and Lake counties) is considered by DHS to be a high value terrorist target. We are home to the three eastern-most hydro-power dams (Hungry Horse, Libby and Kerr) on the entire Columbia River hydro-power system.

Take out any or all of these dams and the effect will be felt all the way the the mouth of the Columbia at Astoria, OR. The dams on the lower Columbia wouldn't stand a chance. All three of our dams have been operating on Threat Level Orange for years, no more guided tours, e.g.

Another area in the PNW that has always concerned me is the Umatilla Army Depot in eastern Oregon, where they store deteriorating and decaying chemical, biological and nerve agents. The place spooks me every time I drive thru it.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Great I'm in the Number 4 city....
    and most of the BGs know what I look like.
    Oh right that's why I CC.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    .....New Hampshire (but has 5% tax on div/int)....
    Above a certain amount:

Statute: RSA 77
    Administrative Rules: Chapter Rev 900
    Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

What is it? A 5% tax is assessed on interest and dividend income. The State of New Hampshire does not have an income tax on an individual's reported W-2 wages.

Who pays it? Resident individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, and fiduciaries with non-transferable shares earning interest and dividend taxable income of more than $2,400 annually ($4,800 for joint filers). In addition, the following exemptions may also apply: 1) a $1,200 exemption is available for residents who are 65 years of age or older; 2) a $1,200 exemption is available for residents who are blind regardless of their age; and 3) a $1,200 exemption is available to disabled individuals who are unable to work, provided they have not reached their 65 th birthday.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    ExSoldier mentioned proximity to FL prisons. Take a look at the prison population within 60 miles of Pueblo, Colorado! Our "wall of fame" includes the SuperMax and a few other ADX facilities that are about 45 minutes west of us. Here's a list of our State prisons: List of Colorado state prisons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Oh, an we're only 45 minutes south of Cheyenne Mountain. I feel safer already!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links