Defensive Shooting Videos

This is a discussion on Defensive Shooting Videos within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; BoneHead sez... Other Mac users could use that tip too (that would be me if the hint wasn't subtle enough ) I knew BoneHead had ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Shooting Videos

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    BoneHead sez...

Other Mac users could use that tip too (that would be me if the hint wasn't subtle enough)

I knew BoneHead had the required cool to be a Mac user...

Open a YouTube video in Safari. From the "Window" menu at the top, select "Activity". A small window will pop with a list of all the files your computer loaded to load the YouTube page. Scroll down the list and find the file with the largest file size (the only one that is measured in megabytes MB).

You will see it load in this window as the red progress bar moves on the YouTube screen. Let it load completely.

Once the download to Safari is complete, double-click that file in the list, and your computer will download it to your desktop... it will be called "video.flv" by default... when the download is complete, give it a meaningful name.

Now you got a video... it's a Flash video file, so if you don't have Adobe Flash, you'll need a player. QuickTime and Windows Media Player don't support .flv yet, so go download SWF & FLV Player 3.8 from Apple... works like a charm...

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Hey, ArmyCop... I was just looking at the Apple site, and I just saw that the Safari browser is available for PeeCee... didn't know that... I don't know a PeeCee user with Safari, but I would assume the simple process described above would work for you if you download it here...

You would just need a player, and I'm sure there are a bunch of freeware .flv players for PeeCee...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Nice videos. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Is there anyway you can save a youtube video to your hard drive or do you have to always click on the link to watch?
    If you're using Mozilla Firefox (which I highly recommend for web browsing), then go and get the "add-on" called "DownloadHelper".

In Firefox you would go - Tools > Add-Ons > Get Add-Ons > See All Recommended Add-ons

Then look for DownloadHelper and install that. Once you restart Firefox, you are automatically taken to a short page which tells you how to use DownloadHelper. It's super easy. You'll be saving those videos immediately.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Good videos Thanks. Rob, pretty cool to see someone I watch on TV each week responding. Sorry about people copying your work.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

thanks for putting those videos up!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Pincus View Post
    Yes, those are rips from the Personal Defense DVD Series. They are actually from a DVD that we no longer sell entitled "Shooting in Realistic Environments"... which is why I am not really that concerned about copyright issues, etc. It is good info, it is just an older presentation than we offer on a variety of other videos in the collection.

Glad you guys fond them useful!

-RJP
    I want to attend one of your courses! You are the man!!

I've never seen them. Thanks for the link and thanks for those videos Rob.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Thanks, guys.... like I said, I am glad you find them helpful... it really is a positive thing that people want to share the info and I'm pretty sure that a lot of the people who see the clips end up trying to get to a CFS course with me or another of our instructors or maybe even get a book or other DVDs from the website... so it all works out!

Hopefully, we'll see some of you in a class sometime.

-RJP

Thanks for the post...added to my library.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    Is there anyway you can save a youtube video to your hard drive or do you have to always click on the link to watch?
    I downloaded them with KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!

Just copy & paste the url and click download. It gives you the option to download the standard or high quality version of the vid.

Excellent stuff. Thank you for sharing. Very informative on some stuff I could do a whole lot better. Looking forward to my next range visit now!
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

Thanks for the vids. Those are great.

great vids. i would love to take that course...
    ...AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY...

Fantastic, thank you for posting! I just watched #1, now I gotta watch the rest before work!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links