Question about Movies related to Historical Events.

This is a discussion on Question about Movies related to Historical Events. within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This week my wife and myself watched what we thought were execellent movies related to Historical Events concerning LEO's, FBI, and of course Bad Guys. ...

Thread: Question about Movies related to Historical Events.

Question about Movies related to Historical Events.

This week my wife and myself watched what we thought were execellent movies related to Historical Events concerning LEO's, FBI, and of course Bad Guys.

"In the Line of Duty, the FBI Murders" protrayed a 1986 Shootout between the FBI and a couple of Bad Guys is Florida.

"44 Minutes, the North Hollywood Shootout"! The event took place in 1997 I believe and reinacted a shootout in which the Bad Guys had Ak's and Body Armour while the LEO's were way undergunned. The numbers of LEO's and their Will Power is what got them through the most incredible Gun Battle you could imagine. The Gun Battle lasted some 45 Minutes and miraculously nobody died but the Bad Guys.

I am probably way behind on this stuff but I found the movies fascinating as you, even if it is hollywood touched up, you get a picture of the mindset of the Really Bad Guys. Also you get an idea of how under equipped first responders were as a compared to SWAT when they finally showed up. AK's with amour piercing ammo dismantled the cars and personnel behind opened car doors while the LEO's and Detectives with 9mm's were not even making a dent in the Armour of the Bad Guys.

For me I guess the things that just grabbed me is that both movies were about history right here in America and of course history that could happen again at anytime and that scares me to death.

I sure you guy's and gals have probably seen these movies but if you know of other similar movies, I would really like to know the titles. If you know of similar events but they can only be read about and you know of a source, please post the resource in a reply as I would sure appreciate the reference.

Thanks for any response
    Take Care Folks
    Stay Safe
    Boze
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

2. Remove Ads

Both of those incidents caused big changes in Law enforcement The Florida shootout prompted the FBI to switch to 10mm autos although that didn't last long but it led to the development of the .40 S&W. and the FBI still uses autos when the shootout happened most agents were using snub nose revolvers.The North Hollywood shootout has led to a lot of agencies issuing duty rifles to officers.

I take "based on true events" type movies with a grain of salt. The basic premise may be accurate, but the details are made up. - But still fun to watch.

Links