Recommended reading for sheeple?

This is a discussion on Recommended reading for sheeple? within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few months back a police chase ended up in my front yard with the BG first heading to my front door then abruptly turning ...

A few months back a police chase ended up in my front yard with the BG first heading to my front door then abruptly turning and jumping my 6' fence. The "gun in house" argument was over. We bought our first gun shortly thereafter. Since then I've spent many hours online studying the reasons and how to protect my family. My wife on the other hand thinks I've gone "Rambo". She is one of those people who thinks You buy a gun, put it in the safe and never pull it out again until a BG gives you a reason to. She won't spend time on this or any others W. site to educate herself. So my ques. is this. Do you know of any books that will make her think with the serious attention this topic deserves?

"The Concealed Handgun Manual"
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Dial 911 and die.

None will do any good unless she actually reads them, tho'. Maybe play a little tit-for-tat - take her to a movie or something and she agrees to read a few chapters, etc.

Local news paper articles are a good place too!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Google articles on rapes, home invasions, etc.... every day, and hand them to her. She will be amazed at how many there are.

thanks for the suggestions. I trying to find something to make her more situationally aware of her surroundings. She expects nothing to happen when shes out or when shes at work.
    "If everyone was allowed to carry guns, them hijackers wouldn't have no superiority. All you gotta do is arm all the passengers, then no hijacker would risk pullin' a rod."

- Archie Bunker

"Principle of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper. It's a little dated, but it's a quick read and gets the point across.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

This is another website, claytoncramer, but it's quick and to the point, especially if you point out the shear number of articles found and realizing it's only the stories that made it into the newspapers.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    If yoou live in or near a large Metro area(like Detroit) have her watch the local news. If that isn't enough of a wake-up call, have her read In the Gravest Extreme Massad Ayoub.
    Some sheep will never understand the rest of us, and to me, it's sad that so many of them are women.
    If you can't get her to understand the "why", at least see if you can work on her self-awareness skills, help her when you are out in public. When she starts to see what we already take for granted, it may help her open up to the idea of defense.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    If yoou live in or near a large Metro area(like Detroit) have her watch the local news. If that isn't enough of a wake-up call, have her read In the Gravest Extreme Massad Ayoub.
    Some sheep will never understand the rest of us, and to me, it's sad that so many of them are women.
    If you can't get her to understand the "why", at least see if you can work on her self-awareness skills, help her when you are out in public. When she starts to see what we already take for granted, it may help her open up to the idea of defense.
    Ruger- Really like what you said about "HELPING" her to notice the things we already do when we're out. That may be the biggest help of all. When I've pointed things out in the past, she seems to kick into that defensive state of mind. I just wish it lasted a little longer or occurred more often with her. She works nights at a senior center, getting off as late as 2-4 in the am. Shes told me stories of patients family members who give her the creeps , but I wonder if pepper spray is not so good a choice when I often read how that can make things worse, and she just WON'T carry.
    "If everyone was allowed to carry guns, them hijackers wouldn't have no superiority. All you gotta do is arm all the passengers, then no hijacker would risk pullin' a rod."

- Archie Bunker

Links