An Embarrassed Announcement - Page 4

An Embarrassed Announcement

This is a discussion on An Embarrassed Announcement within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Pax... Way to go! I definitely would love an autographed copy so I'll be sending you an email. Congratulations on the book and from ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Embarrassed Announcement

Hey Pax... Way to go! I definitely would love an autographed copy so I'll be sending you an email. Congratulations on the book and from what I hear, you'll be enjoying great success!

I am anxious to read it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Good luck! How come it's not available for a Kindle? Checked the Amazon site, and no Kindle version. Yet?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Hey Pax, CONGRATS! I will be ordering a couple of copies for myself and my dad.

I know how you feel, some folks don't like a lot of haraunge made of the things they do. I recently had an accomplishment that caused much of the same attention, up to and including my name on a lighted sign on the busiest highway in my hometown (talk about embarassing), and I did not really know quite how to process it. Some people have the gift for self promotion, I guess I just am not one of them. lol. Rest assured that your not alone.

In your case however, it is a bit of a necessity since you want to sell copies. I suggest that you send an email to Jim over at survivalblog.com and see if he will post a note (and link to where it can be ordered) about your book on his website. He most likely will do it, as he does so quite often for books relating to self defense, survival, firearms etc. He's not a wacko survivalist nutjob, really a moderately mainstream type guy who believes in being well prepared IMO, so I don't think there is anything to worry about as far as "association with survivalblog" or otherwise I would not have brought it up. I mean the guy is legit enough to be interviewed by and quoted in the NY times if that tells you anything.

Anyway, he has had 2 Amazon top ten best sellers over the past year and signed a book deal for another novel, mostly due to promotion to readers through his website. From all accounts I have of his writings and interviews on radio, he is a very humble and sincere guy. His readership is huge and they will buy books if he suggests them.(by the thousands) That's how he got to be in the top ten twice. I truly think your book is one that he would be glad to post a link to and then your publisher may have to reprint more copies. Wouldn't that be nice?

Congrats again. Look forward to reading the book.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Senior Moderator
    Neat pax
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Holy crap! Congratulations!
    Took the words right out of my mouth!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I saw mention of this book somewhere? And having read Cornered Cat I knew it would be good and it was! Way to go.

Congratulations I added your book to two of my sites.

Smallarmz.info Menu > Books / Services > Book Store

Cavalierknight.com Menu > Products > Armed America

I love this book. I couldn't put it down on my flights last week.

Great job. I am going to get this book into the hands of all my buddies who own firearms.
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

VIP Member
    Pax,
    I'm a little late getting in on this thread. Been busy at work (dirtbags are keeping us busy here lately).
    Anyway, I just ordered my copy and I look forward to reading it.

If its anywhere near the quality of info on your corneredcat website then it will be great.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Pax, how can I obtain an autographed copy?
    My sincere congratulations!!!

VIP Member
    I need to sit down, settle down and read a book for leisure time, I used to do that a lot. I just ordered a copy I'm sure my wife and I will enjoy it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Congratulations, you've accomplished a goal that I've only wished I had the talent and dedication to achieve. Good Luck in your endeavors.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Distinguished Member
    Kathy, I got the book and used it as airplane reading on a recent trip. FAN - TAS - TIC. I loved the interplay of the two writers, one with the story then one with the informational stuff relating to the incident.

Thanks for a good read.

cg

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Some things should be kept private until you feel otherwise. Why would your friends think otherwise?

Congratulations on getting published. For those who have never tried, they'll never know how difficult it is. It's a tough market, especially for fiction (my area).
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

OP,

I'm glad you posted this thread. Because of it, I bought the book. I'm about half way through, and it's a really good book! Definitely on my recommended reading list. Thanks so much!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links