Recomend videos please

Recomend videos please

This is a discussion on Recomend videos please within the Defensive Books, Video & References forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can you recommend some videos where I can begin to learn proper shooting / aiming technique for both range shooting and defensive. Thanks...

Thread: Recomend videos please

Recomend videos please

Can you recommend some videos where I can begin to learn proper shooting / aiming technique for both range shooting and defensive.

Thanks

Gunvideo.com has some good ones. There are a lot of em out there. If you have no luck PM me and I can give you specific titles if needed.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMyRight2 View Post
    Gunvideo.com has some good ones. There are a lot of em out there. If you have no luck PM me and I can give you specific titles if needed.
    Wow, gun video sure has a large selection. Too large. I could go broke trying to find decent videos.

The Thunder Ranch DVDs by Clint Smith are good. Also the Saurez International videos are good. Rob Pincus has some good stuff too.

Go to Smith and Wessons home page and review the free training clips.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Got a funny look from the Mall Santa, but this is what's on MY list:

Shooting For Keeps
    with Colonel Rex Applegate

The late Rex Applegate was universally recognized as America's foremost authority on close combat with or without weapons. In Shooting for Keeps , he demonstrates how point shooting can enable you to survive a real deadly encounter and why it should be the foundation of all combat shooting technique. For a historical perspective, we include the DVD Point Shooting , a previously classified training film featuring shooting methods developed and refined in actual behind-the-lines combat during WW II.

$37.50

and

Martial Marksmanship

A Fighter's Guide to Close-Quarters Handgunning
    with Andy Stanford and Michael D. Janich

The controversy concerning point shooting versus sighted-fire is over, and the winner is you. After years of meticulous research, sighted-fire expert Andy Stanford and point shooting authority Michael D. Janich have combined their talents to show you not only how point shooting and sighted-fire can coexist, but how they can be synthesized to yield a superior, state-of-the-art shooting technique.

The authors first identify the basic skill set that enables shooters to get shots on target using skeletal and centerline alignment rather than muscular coordination. They then build upon this foundation, introducing the concepts of a coarse visual index and finally practical, combat-effective sighted fire. Throughout the process, they highlight the effects and dangers of the real-world threats you may face and teach you the difference between being a shooter, a gunfighter and a true fighter with a gun. This video includes rare archival footage and little-known insights into the history of modern combat shooting and is must viewing for all serious students of combative pistolcraft. For information purposes only.

Michael D. Janich is one of the foremost modern authorities on handgun point shooting and one of the few contemporary instructors to have personally trained with the late close-combat legend Col. Rex Applegate. In addition to making his own martial arts equipment, noted martial arts author and instructor Michael Janich has designed and engineered everything from blowguns to knives, including the highly acclaimed Masters of Defense Tempest folding knife.

Andy Stanford's training resume includes every major combat shooting instructor and/or school in the country, plus an extensive background in both street-oriented martial arts and police defensive tactics. A noted author of both books and magazine articles and an IDPA Master Class shooter, he was the Shootist (1st overall) at the 1994 National Tactical Invitational and 2nd overall in 1998. He is the director of OPS (Options for Personal Security) in Ridgecrest, California.

$19.95

==============

This one's a book, but since I'm giving you 2/3 of my wish list I thought I would include this as well:

Bullseyes Don't Shoot Back

Rex Applegate and Michael Janich

Learn why point shooting is the most practical technique for aiming and shooting a handgun in a real gunfight. This instructional guide teaches you how and when to use point shooting, compares it to two-handed sighted fire and tells how a major police training facility is teaching point shooting with stunning results.

Col. Rex Applegate was universally recognized as America's foremost authority on close combat with or without weapons.

Michael D. Janich is one of the foremost modern authorities on handgun point shooting and one of the few contemporary instructors to have personally trained with the late close-combat legend Col. Rex Applegate. In addition to making his own martial arts equipment, noted martial arts author and instructor Michael Janich has designed and engineered everything from blowguns to knives, including the highly acclaimed Masters of Defense Tempest folding knife.

$16.50 new down to $10.44 used
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Steer clear of Handgun Survival with Jim Wagner, I found it on netflix, though wth it might be informative. But no, that guy's full of a certian brown substance.
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

Nearly anything by Kelly McCann or Gabe Suarez.

McCann (three part series):

Inside The Crucible

Suarez:

YouTube - Close-Range Gunfighting

I will also recommend the Thunder Ranch DVDs.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Sponsored Links