M&P or XDm?? - Page 4

M&P or XDm??

This is a discussion on M&P or XDm?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; M&P....it's the better gun. No dumb grip safety that locks the slide,not top heavy,lower bore axis....it's made in the US not Croatia. It's not a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: M&P or XDm??

M&P....it's the better gun. No dumb grip safety that locks the slide,not top heavy,lower bore axis....it's made in the US not Croatia. It's not a rebranded $200 pistol....want me to go on?

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gglass View Post

Another benefit to buying the M&P is that you are supporting a 100% American made product. With the economy the way it is going, it would be better if we weren't supporting Croatian firearms factories.
    Cannot argue this point except to say that buying a Springfield XD, even though imported, still brings money to Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Klash545 View Post
    M&P....it's the better gun. No dumb grip safety that locks the slide,not top heavy,lower bore axis....it's made in the US not Croatia. It's not a rebranded $200 pistol....want me to go on?
    Please do go on . . . . I wanna see just how ignorant you really are.

Since the M&P is sold even cheaper than an XD I suppose it isn't also a $200 pistol? Cannot argue where the XD's are made but not being made in the USA does not make it a lesser quality gun.

Croates have been fighting wars a long time and the XD was a combat design from the beginning.

So that makes Glock substandard? What about Sig Sauer? H&K? Walther?
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I have the M&P but not the XDm. I don't thing you could go wrong with either. The M&P has one extra step on the field strip to clean. You have to flip up the sear disconnect lever to get the slide off the frame which is no big deal. The sear disconnect tool is on the bottom of the grip.
    Actually that is not true, if you pull the trigger like a Glock then you do not have to flip up the sear disconnect. The slide will come right off!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Tally XD...with a name like that i see why you got your panties in a wad....
    When the XD was first imported it was the HS2000....a $200-250 pistol....it's still the same pistol but w/ springfield on the slide now,and the price jacked up quite a bit. I didn't say the XD sucked so just relax. Larry Vickers did call the XD a range toy if i remember correctly though....

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    YouTube - M&P vs XD

Here is a good review of both.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Klash545 View Post
    Tally XD...with a name like that i see why you got your panties in a wad....
    When the XD was first imported it was the HS2000....a $200-250 pistol....it's still the same pistol but w/ springfield on the slide now,and the price jacked up quite a bit. I didn't say the XD sucked so just relax. Larry Vickers did call the XD a range toy if i remember correctly though....
    Panties aren't wadded.

It is not exactly the same pistol anymore. Several changes have been made since the HS2000 was introduced. Also, I don't care what Larry Vickers says. He can call it what he wants. I just feel its a shame so much hate is shown for the XD and it has proven itself a strong contender among modern polymer guns.
    “I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.”

I lean for the XDm. It's nicer than your stock M&P.

It would be better to compare the service XD to the M&P.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Panties aren't wadded.

It is not exactly the same pistol anymore. Several changes have been made since the HS2000 was introduced. Also, I don't care what Larry Vickers says. He can call it what he wants. I just feel its a shame so much hate is shown for the XD and it has proven itself a strong contender among modern polymer guns.
    Actually Larry Vickers said

XDs are “Bubba guns.” Junk that Bubba buys for cheap and goes to the dump and shoots at rats with.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Actually Larry Vickers said

XDs are “Bubba guns.” Junk that Bubba buys for cheap and goes to the dump and shoots at rats with.
    Glocks are more suited for that. Since they are junk and you are already at the dump you don't have to haul the junk back home with you.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tally XD View Post
    Glocks are more suited for that. Since they are junk and you are already at the dump you don't have to haul the junk back home with you.
    I think that Vickers is off the mark. XD's are good firearms and I have never had a malfunction in the ones I used to own.

By the way, them are fight'n words with the Glock fanboys! haha

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I think that Vickers is off the mark. XD's are good firearms and I have never had a malfunction in the ones I used to own.

By the way, them are fight'n words with the Glock fanboys! haha
    Of course he is off the mark. He has a Glock sponsorship obviously.

Anyway, I pay no attention to what he says. It won't change my mind.

As long as the pistols have a reputation of reliability and accuracy (I'm not familiar with the M&P). Go with the one that fits your hand best as that is the one that will bring out the best results in your capabilities.

I like the safety features of the Springfields. I think the trigger action is something to compare between the two. I prefer the XD.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links